Featured Slider

Saturday, August 10, 2024

You're Not Old, You're Evolving

Hello there!  

Hope you're having a good Saturday. We are finally drying out after Debby.  We were fortunate to not have any damage or flooding.  All of our trees stayed upright.  We do have a little debris to clean up - a few small branches here and there. We did measure 8 inches of rain in our rain gauge over Wednesday and Thursday.  Enough of that now (until the next one).

I spent some time in my craft room today and finished one card.


My kids both loved Pokemon growing up. I remember everytime we would go to Walmart or Target or basically anywhere, they begged for a pack of cards. And then there were the Pokemon video games, board games, action figures, clothing, books, etc. They both (now adults) still have all of their cards.  My oldest, Arrow, is still a big fan, now more of a collector.  So when I saw MFT Stamps' pokemon set I had to get it.  I did have to have Arrow refresh my memory of who is who and now I have a sheet tucked in with the set of their names and colors. 

I thought they would be great to break out for the Freshly Made Sketch and colors at Color Throwdown this week. I created a Pokeball out of cardstock for front and center.  I had the stenciled background already on my desk and it just fell together.  If you're wondering, Pikachu in on top and Bulbasaur is on the bottom.   

For Following Challenges:



Card Supplies:

Stamps: Pokemon and Sentiment -Evolving Friends (My Favorite Things).
Paper: Neenah Solar White 110 lb; Red, green, black cardstock -Stash.
Ink: Limoncello, Midnight (CP Inks); Copics.
Extras: Circle die (CP Designs); Twisted Sunburst Stencil (CP Designs).



 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Have a good weekend! 
 Come back soon! 💖
Nance 

6 comments:

Susie Moore said...

Perfect card - so bright and cheerful! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

So cute, Nance! My boy is older than your two kids - it was Star Wars everything and Garbage Patch kids cards for him and his sisters!
=]

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a fun and novel idea for the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with our challenge this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totes love this card! These images appealed to my so much and brought back lots of "gotta catch em all" memories. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Kim S said...

I had Pokemon loving kids also! How fun that you have that set and then created the Pokeball! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Nora Noll said...

This is awesome!! I love the Pokemons you used on this. Your design is amazing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge