Featured Slider

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Play in the Puddles

Hello There!

It's Tuesday and it's soggy. 
I don't know if it's outer bands of Debby yet or just the opening act.  All I know is it's pretty much going to rain all the way through Friday. The whole southern Eastcoast is getting inundated with rain and wind.  If you're in Debby's path, please be safe.  Luckily we ourselves are not in a flood plain, as I said before, our main worry is trees falling. My card this evening is a kind of ode to the weather this week. 



I hadn't used my seagull dies yet and so I thought I'd put them in a different setting than the beach and use the color challenge at JUGS.
This cute little gull is saving his fish stash from the torrents of rain in a cheerful umbrella to at least brighten the mood.  The umbrella was cut from a watercolored background I made using the JUGS colors. I did cut a piece from silver cardstock for the umbrella staff. The grey splattered background was perfect as I didn't want anything too busy.  And I cut the seagull a couple times in white and then in a watercolored grey cardstock to give him some depth against the background. I had the enamel heart stickers in my stash of gems and they matched my colors well.  

For Following Challenges:




Card Supplies:

Stamps: Sentiment - Puddle Play (CP Designs).
Paper: Neenah Solar White 110 lb; Watercolor paper (Strathmore).
Ink: Orange Twist, Pucker Up, Twilight (CP Inks).
Extras: Umbrella die -Under The Umbrella (CP Designs); Seagull, fish - Happy Seagull Dies (Waffle Flower); Stitched Rectangle dies (Sizzix); heart sticker gems.



 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Have a good day! 
 Come back soon! 💖
Nance 



4 comments:

Carol said...

Nance, This is so clever and depicts the real life situation in such a colorful and fun way. The seagull in the umbrella is so cute with the fish, and that sentiment is just perfect! Great card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!!

(We had Debby on the west coast of SW Florida first and we still have bands coming through! We also had tornado warning after tornado warning on our phones that jolted us out of our sleep. I hope you do as well as we did and that we don't have a bad season this year!)

ElizStewart said...

Nance... hope Debby has moved away from you at this point. Seems to be circling the Carolinas now. I was so lucky, I was in one of the five FL counties not affected (further south than Carol). Loving your sweet gull and the precious sentiment. So glad you decided to share with us at Just Us Girls.

I Card Everyone said...

So glad you're safe, Nance and that you stay that way! Your little gull-friend has the right attitude, doesn't she? SO cute!
=]

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful way to use these colors, Nance! I love how the seagull is holding the umbrella full of fish! I still hadn't figured out how to use the one I cut when you were here. Thanks for the hint. Stay safe, my friend.