Featured Slider

Monday, August 5, 2024

Have a Fintastic Day

Hey there! It's Monday again. 

If you're in the path of Debby this week, I hope she passes by you uneventful.  She's headed our way later this week and hopefully it will just be a lot of rain. We have a lot of tall pine trees around our home and they make me nervous during regular storms.  So let's hope Debby makes a hasty retreat away from all of us.

Seize The Birthday Challenge is a tic tac toe board this week. I chose the last column with Stencil-Dots/Circle and Sentiment without the word birthday. I just happened to have the perfect dotted/circle stenciled background to use(fishbowl background).  I don't know if whether all the crafting I've done lately is giving me mojo momentum but this card came together really quickly.  I cut my fishbowl from my circle stenciled background which resembled bubbly water so much.  I actually had stenciled it using my Gelli plate and my stencil to achieve that look. Kind of reverse stenciling.




I did have a little hiccup trying to figure out how to make it a shaker and keep the fish bowl all clear.  That is until I remembered I recently purchased a bunch of shaker covers in various sizes and shapes.  The large circle one 99.9% perfect to go around the whole fish bowl.  

I cut my fish from ink smooshed watercolor paper and white cardstock, glued them together to make him a little more dimensional.  I shimmered it up a bit with some Fairy Dust from Ink On 3. 

I added a water splash cover plate behind the fishbowl for a little more texture and dimension with another watercolored panel behind it. 


For Following Challenges:







And Happy 600th Challenge to Cupcake Challenges! 🎈


Card Supplies:

Stamps: Sentiment (Pretty Little Stamps).
Paper: Neenah Solar White 110 lb; Watercolor paper (Strathmore).
Ink: Fiesta Blue, Orange Twist, All That Jazz (CP Inks).
Extras: Fish bowl and fish die (Hero Arts); Water drop cover plate; Small balloon die (Honey Bee Stamps); Sequins - Topsail (CP Designs).


 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Have a good day! 
 Come back soon! 💖
Nance 

6 comments:

Glenda J said...

Nance - this is so wonderful! Love your awesome fishbowl - great colours and details. The background die cut suits the theme of the card so well. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe board at Seize the Birthday.

Cathy said...

Such a fun card, how cute are those shell sequins in your shaker mix! The fish bowl is such a clever design, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

Nance, Your card is just fabulous! The fish bowl shaker is just so fun and I think having the fish totting a balloon was just a perfect addition. Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday. As for the storm headed your way, we got 16 inches of rain from Debby and I certainly hope you all are spared those amounts. Unfortunately, we had to cancel my birthday trip, I was headed to Charleston,SC, and then onto Charlotte NC to visit my Aunt we were supposed to leave today! Best of luck and hope it isn't too bad!

Carol said...

This is a fabulous card! Every detail is just perfect! And the shaker aspect just tops it all off beautifully!

Bonnie said...

WOW! I am so impressed with this fish bowl and especially that it's a shaker! That gold fish looks very happy to be floating in it! Good luck in the storm. I hope all your trees (and ours) stay upright.

Leanne said...

Dang girl, this is pretty cool. Love the colors and the texture, this is fintastic! Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Birthday Celebrations. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CIC