Featured Slider

Monday, July 1, 2024

On My Mind - Color Hues Guest

Good Morning! 

I have exciting news ---
I'm the Guest Designer for the Color Hues Challenge!



Color challenges are my favorite and I really love today's colors:


Aqua and White have been a favorite color combo of mine for a very long time.  They were my wedding colors 34 years ago. 


I really enjoyed playing around to make this card. I did some gelli plate techniques with a stencil, a brayer and my Catherine Pooler Dye inks to make my background full of aquaness.  I've had the Birch Press Lotus Flower layered die for a while now and have not played with it until now. I love it dressed all in white! I had some aqua foiled sentiments in an envelope on my table and thought this one was perfect. I finished the card off with a few pearls within the flower.

I can't wait to see how you are inspired with these colors and all the inspiration from the Color Hues Team!  

For Other Following Challenges:


Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Fancy Script background stamp (Hero Arts).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White
Ink: Fiesta Blue dye ink (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Extras: Mandala Stencil (TCW-Rebekah Meier); Lotus Flower die (Birch Press Designs);  Sentiment foil die and label die (Spellbinders); Pearl gems from stash. 



 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. 
 Have a great day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Nance! Congratulations on your GD gig - and your win!
Your card is just so glamourous with those classic pearls set in that gorgeous lotus flower! You really embraced that aqua beautifully, my friend! I'm also loving the scripty goodness in that background!
=]

Carol said...

Beautiful! Everything about your card...the lotus, the colors, and the stenciling...fab-u-lous! Thanks for playing with us for this stencil week at Just Us Girls!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win and Guest Spot at Color Hues, my friend! What a pretty card with that white lotus on the fabulous gel plate background!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS Nance! I love your background...so many things to draw your eye in! And the white Lotus flower is beautiful and the addition of the pearls and the foiled sentiment just take this card to the top! Thanks so much for playing along with us as GD and inspiring our players with your lovely, lovely card at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

cm said...

Nance, you've created a gorgeous card! The background is eye-catching; the perfect stage for your lovely white lotus flower. Talk about an impressive debut. The pearls and the foiled sentiment add yet another level of WOW! Thrilled to have you joining us for the Colour Hues challenge - and wonderful to see you in both the Just Us Girls and Inkspirational galleries.
~carol

ElizStewart said...

Nance... fabulous card! I am breathing in the zen. The layered lotus flower is beautiful and stands out perfectly on that wonderful background. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week! PS love that these were your wedding colors!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful background created with your stencil/gelli print Nancy! SO pretty in the blues and white - and what a gorgeous layered lotus flower! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Stencils! Julia xx

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Nancy! I saw this on IG and loved it and you are also in my comment list here so I will reiterate that I love this design and all of you colors! It’s gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Krafty Chicks Challenge! - Rachelle

Karen said...

What a beautiful card! I loved reading about your process in creating that wonderful tone-on-tone background, and that lotus flower die cut is gorgeous. What fun that you ended up as our Guest Designer when the colors were your wedding colors! So happy to have you as our GD!

Julie B said...

Love that background, I thought at first that it was a panel of DP but congrats on your Gelli plate print. It certainly is the perfect foil for your stunning lotus flower. So pleased to have you GD with us this time. :)

Nancy said...

Nance, This card is just as pretty as can be and I love how you did the background. Glad you enjoyed my colors and so happy to have you guesting with us! Take care!