Featured Slider

Friday, July 12, 2024

Special Day


Happy Friday!

It's quite soggy here in central NC but a welcome soggy as we have been so dry. Just hoping the power doesn't go out.  I have another card I made this week to share. 


There's quite a few elements to this card as it evolved.  It morphed several times until it came to be what you see.  The floral die is from Pinkfresh and I had cut it out of three colors about three months ago and then got distracted and it sat in a bowl on my table.  So this week I pulled them out and pieced it together. I'll start with the middle layer, I used a scrap from an alcohol inked panel on coated cardstock that I had in my stash. Added the white border die. The bottom is a scrap of one of my custom ink to paper background panels I make here and there for layers or die cutting. The top layer is an embossing folder from Taylored Expressions. I have hardly played in The Flower Challenge and so this one is going in there today.

For Following Challenges:

I'm entering this card in two birthday challenges...








Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Sentiment - Inside Birthday Quotes (Picket Fence Studios).
Paper: Neenah 80# and 110# Solar white cardstocks; Coated cardstock.
Ink: Sage, Minted, Cotton Candy, Lemon Sorbet (Catherine Pooler Inks); Various pink alcohol inks and gold alcohol ink (Tim Holtz).
Extras: Floral Vines EF (Taylored Expressions); Scallop oval die (Sizzix); Border die (Catherine Pooler Designs);  


 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Happy Weekend! 
 Come back soon! 💖
Nance

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That is a whole LOT of lovely layered up on your darling birthday card, Nance! I do love an oval on a card - yours is especially pretty with this sweet little flower garden!
Thrilled to have you play cards at The Flower Challenge, too!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Nance! I'm in NC too so I understand about the soggy comment! It's wonderful having you join us at The Flower Challenge - so glad to have this beauty in the gallery! Your layers are lovely and I adore the colors you used.