Featured Slider

Friday, July 12, 2024

Summer Time

Good Evening!

It's been a bit since I posted.  I've been in my craft room avoiding the heat as much as possible.  Thankfully we've had some good rain this week to improve our drought conditions.  Expecting more this weekend so you know where I will be - crafting away hopefully!

I have had this center panel in my UFO basket since 2020.  I had done some watercoloring (small panel) and ink blending (larger panel) and cut out the sentiment die from them.  I got two different panels from it and used the other one back in 2020 to create the first card. So I pulled it out this week and finally made a card from the second panel. The birds and chair were already all attached to the panel. And, I had the red frame in the basket also.  I decided to create a little more interest by turning it behind the panel. I embossed the card base with the 3D Wave folder to finish it off. I don't know if you can see, but the smallest panel is also embossed with the same folder for added texture.

For Following Challenges:




Card Supplies
Stamps: None
Paper: Yupo; Watercolor (Strathmore); Neenah Solar White 110#; 
Ink: Coral Cabana, Fiesta Blue, Sandcastle (Catherine Pooler Ink).
Extras: Wave EF (StampinUp); Bird dies (Impression Obession); Beach chair die (Impression Obsession); Sentiment Die (Simon Says Stamp).


I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. 
Have a wonderful weekend! 
Come back soon! 💖 

Nance

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is the perfect summer time card! I wish I was sitting in that chair at the beach! I love the center panel! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Nance this is such a great card - I love the co-ordinating layers and the pop of red that the chair and frame adds to the scene too. So glad you finally found a way to use these leftovers to make something beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh do I wish I had something this extraordinary in my stash! Nancy, this is so wonderful - LOve the wave embossing, and your ink blending is perfectly 'beach-y!'
=]

Carol said...

I just love this. The colors and die cuts are perfect in every way!