Featured Slider

Friday, June 28, 2024

Oh Yeah!

TGIF!
Happy Friday!
Hope you have had a nice week.

Mine has been busy with some traveling, gardening and life stuff.  I did manage to make a few cards.  This is the last one for the week.  I'm off to travel for the weekend so the craft room has been cleaned and prepped for when I return on Monday! 


I wanted to play along with Color Hues again and my first plan didn't really work how I had envisioned. So this is my complete left turn to something totally different than original plan.  I quite like it I have to say.  

Another new to me die that I have not had the chance to play with - the Abstract Mountain die by Ellen Hutson. The word die is also pretty new and never used until now. I started by ink blending cardstock in Sage and then one in Cotton Candy and cut them both out.  I cut an A2 size of Sizzix Stick It sticky and adhered it to one side of an A2 cardstock piece.  Then, I adhered each layer of my die cut to it to make it easier to align them.  I did ink up the bottom layer a little more for more contrast.  I also bumped up every other layer beginning with the bottom one to add some interesting dimension.  The moon was cut from the top of the pink layer. I glued the whole panel to the lace scalloped frame layer, and added the word die.  I had an inked sentiment for it but decided I liked the word die better.


For Following Challenges:





Darnell's I.D.E.A.S. - Week Four - Anything Goes





Card Supplies: 
Paper: Neenah #110 lb Solar White cardstock
Ink: Sage and Cotton Candy (Catherine Pooler Inks)
Extras:  Abstract Mountain die (Ellen Hutson); Fancy Scallop Frame die (Gina Marie Designs); Oh Yeah word die (Catherine Pooler Designs).




Thank you for stopping by my blog. 
 Have a great weekend! 
 Hope you come back soon! 💖

Nance

5 comments:

Karen said...

One of my favorite full card dies, and you've created a fabulous card with it! Love the ink blending you did and the dimension you added. So nice to see you in the gallery again at Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Nance and your ink blending using our challenge colors is FABULOUS! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely, lovely card with us at Color Hues! Marcia (DT)

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Way to use those colors.
Thanks for joining us for the Color Hues challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

I just loved this die when Karen W. used it for her winning card at JUGS last week! I love your pink/green colors and never would have thought to use them for this scene - it's brilliant, Nance! WWCD!
=]

Nancy said...

How creative are you! This is really pretty, Nance! I really love it! So happy to see you with us at Color Hues!