Featured Slider

Monday, June 24, 2024

I'm So Proud To Love You

Good Evening!

I have another card.  Whatever are you going to do? This is the most consistent in cardmaking and blogging in months! LOL

Recently, our oldest adult child, Arrow(they/them), who is nonbinary, went through the official legal process to change their first name from their birth name to their chosen name, Arrow.  It's been a process and it's not over yet, but the most important part is - receiving court approval to do so. So, last week, as a family, we celebrated this important milestone for them in being truly themself. And, of course, I couldn't let such a moment go by without commemorating it with a card for them.  



I was really thrilled last year when My Favorite Things came out with a set of Pride stamps and die-namics. I've used the stamps more and now that I've tried the dies, I will definitely be using them alot for many things, not just Pride or LGBTQ cards. Sometimes I get a little intimidated by dies.  I don't know why since I love them.  I guess all the various parts and colors needed.  hahaha If you peruse my blog recently, you'd think differently.  I guess I've really embraced all the dies now. 

I did use the Wavy Flag die for this card. It was a bit of a challenge since I made the Progressive Pride flag which includes the colorful triangles on the side.   For the triangle part of the Progressive Pride flag, I cut corners off inked up cardstock in the various colors, adhered to the flag and trimmed it down. 

For Following Challenges:







Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Sentiment - Pride is for Everyone (MFT Stamps)
Paper: Neenah 110#; Midnight, retired (CP Designs)
Ink: Cotton Candy, Samba, Orange Twist, Limoncello, In the Park, Oh Boy, Something Borrowed, Grape Crush,  Sand Castle (CP Inks).
Extras: Wavy Rainbow die (MFT Stamps); Woodgrain emboss folder - Sizzix. 

 I'm glad you visited my blog. 
Have a great day! 
Come back soon! 💖

Nance



1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations to you, to Arrow, and your entire family... and for falling in love with those dies! wink.
=]