Featured Slider

Thursday, June 13, 2024

Pool Summer

Hello there! 

It's Thursday, almost Friday.  I thought today was Friday all day and actually I'm glad to have another day before the weekend. I have things to get done so I can enjoy the weekend.

I cannot believe I've been in my craft room several days each of the past two weeks. That's a record for me.  I seem to be creating a new routine - gardening in the mornings, crafting in the afternoon, at least a couple days each week. 

I planted a vegetable and herb garden and I'm trying to get outside in the mornings while it's still pleasant to tend to everything.  This is my fourth attempt in 20 years at a veggie garden. So far, this one seems the best.  Growing up, my parents had a huge garden every summer.  Some years their bounty was so large that my preacher dad passed out veggies to his parishoners after church on many Sundays. And our kitchen was always steamy with my mom canning and pickling everything! We also used to joke my dad had a garden just for the deer and we called it "Jerry's Place".  Word got around in the deer world. LOL. I don't have as much yard as they did, and I'm glad. That was a lot of work.  Two raised beds and several  pots is enough for me.  So far, everything is thriving.

Anyway, I digress.  You're here to see my card. So here it is:




More of the Sea Foam stencil from Waffle Flower.  This time I turned it into a pool.  I added a large yellow umbrella, a stencil/die combo also from Waffle Flower.  It is inked up in Limoncello (Catherine Pooler). The pool is actually a pond die by Lawn Fawn as is the wavy background.  The beach ball I've had for forever and cannot remember whose it is.  I finished the card with the sentiment stamped directly on the background piece in the same Something Borrowed blue (Catherine  Pooler Inks) as the pool.

I've been trying to play in the Color Hues challenge for a long time and finally made it.

For Following Challenges:










Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment - Pool Piggies (Gerda Steiner).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White 
Ink: Something Blue and Limoncello (Catherine Pooler Inks).
Extras: Sea Foam Stencil (Waffle Flower); Umbrella Die/Stencil combo(Waffle Flower); Pond/Pool die (Lawn Fawn); Wavy cover plate die (Lawn Fawn).

I'm glad you stopped by my blog. 
Have a great day! 💖


Nance

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a fantastic summer card! The water really looks reflective and the bright umbrella and ball are a perfect contrast! I love the stitched edge of the pool that echos the background. So glad you joined us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Well, you certainly made an entrance with this card, Nance! it is outstanding. Such a great idea for our color combo, I certainly wish I would have thought of it. The triple umbrella looks fantastic. Thanks for taking the time as you sound rather busy with your garden to play with us at Color Hues.

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Nance!! It is such great news that you are the winner at Color Hues!! WHAT A FANTASTIC CARD!! SO bright and full of Summer fun!

Loved hearing about your days spent in garden/craft mode... thankfully we DON't have deer, but Tom's pretty upset about a chipmunk who recently moved to our neighborhood!
I'd love to receive your posts by email... talk to Bonnie!
=] Michele