Featured Slider

Monday, June 24, 2024

Warm Hearted Friendship

 Happy Monday!

I feel like a hermit as I've basically been hiding out in my cool (as in temperature) craft room to avoid the sweltering heat outside.  So I have a card to share.  I tried to get it completed yesterday but it didn't happen.  


I've been wanting to play with these tropical birds for a while and finally cut out a bunch of them in several different tropical colors. The embossing folder I thought was too stark white against them so I took a small blending brush and light brushed some of the raised areas to get just a bit of color.  


For Following Challenges:













Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment: Flock of Friends (CP Designs)
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White;  
Ink: Cotton Candy, Catching Rays, In The Park, Suede Shoes (CP Inks).
Extras: Tropical Birds, Flowers Dies (Spellbinders);  Tropical leaf dies (Waffle Flower); Embossing Folder (Sizzix).


I'm glad you stopped by my blog. 
Happy Monday! 💖


Nance


7 comments:

Carol said...

What an adorable tropical take on our moodboard this week at Just Us Girls! Your colors are spot on and the "feel" is perfect too! Thanks for playing along with us!

Jen Brum said...

This is a great card! I love those birds! They're so cute! Love the background too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

wienerhoneymooners said...

ADORE this!!!! I need those cute birds too (sold out) hopefully they come back!!! So CUTE, you made them SING!!!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your FMS pick! Love how you positioned the birds via the sketch. Looking forward to playing with my set!

I Card Everyone said...

Nancy, you can find me holed-up in my crafty space every day no matter what the weather - and THEN we got hit by a big ol' storm and have been without power for two days and counting!
I love your darling tropical birds and this is such a great take on that FMS Sketch - I hope you won!
=]

cm said...

Ohmystars! Your tropical birds are soooo cute; perfect design for FMS and colours/vibe for the mood board at Just Us Girls! So wonderful to see this smile-making gem in the JUGS gallery!
~carol

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love those birds and the tropical theme of your project. Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls.