Featured Slider

Monday, June 17, 2024

Admit Two

Happy Monday!


It's going to be a scorcher week here in central NC.  

Hope wherever you are, you're enjoying some sunshine but also a little coolness. 


I remember when my kids were younger, one of our favorite summer activities was escaping the heat in the movie theater.  Nowadays, I guess with all the movie streaming, one can escape the heat in the coolness of your own living room.  

I must admit, sometimes that seems more inviting.  My dog, Ellie, would agree, as popcorn is one of her favorite snacks and she knows movie time means popcorn! 

That activty has inspired my card today - -



I used the die cuts, Movie Icons from My Favorite Things, which have been sitting in my NBUS tray for a couple months now, untouched. Kind of been my thing for a long while, pile up the NBUS tray until things begin to scream to be used.  LOL. I also used the sunburst stencil from MFT as well.  I inked up the stencil in Fiesta Blue then turned the stencil and inked it again in Suede Shoes. I also inked some cardstock in Fiesta Blue. Samba and Chiffon for a quick way to cut my popcorn box, popcorn and glassesThe background is cut with a postage stamp die by Catherine Pooler Designs.  The Sentiment is from the CP Designs set, Admit Two.  


For Following Challenges:











Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment - Admit Two (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White 
Ink: Fiesta Blue, Suede Shoes, Samba, Chiffon, Midnight (Catherine Pooler Inks).
Extras: Sun Stencil (My Favorite Things); Glasses, Popcorn, Popcorn box, Movie Reel (My Favorite Things); Postage stamp die (Catherine Pooler Designs).

I'm glad you stopped by my blog. 
Have a great day! 💖


Nance




3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I adore this card! I am a movie theater fan and still go to matinees on really hot days!

Darnell said...

Those little dies are so adorable! I love your movie-themed design, Nance! Great job with the layout and with using not only your NBUS, but using many company's products together and playing so nicely! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (Hope it cools off a little!)

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your card AND going to the movies! Nance, we have popcorn at LEAST twice a week 'round here ... Ellie would approve!
Your 3D glasses are such a fun part of your trio of movie-themed items - I think I even still have a few of those home-movie reels!
=]