Featured Slider

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Yippee!


Hello Sunday!

Hello to a new week.  
Hoping it's sunnier, brighter and drier for everyone who needs it!

Today my card I made specifically for Color Hues.  I had so many ideas for those colors, it was hard to nail down one specific for a while.  In the end here's what I did ----


The balloon and the outer frame and sentiment frame are a pink shimmer cardstock.  The background is a gold foiled background. I took several different photos in different lighting and such to try and get a good pic of the colors with all that shimmer.   I was having a hard time getting the background not to shimmer with green in it (odd) due to how the light hit it. UGH, the plight of photographing foil and shiny papers!


The bottom photo I took in my dining room to get more of the pink to show up.  It did show a little lighter than it really is.  Again, shimmer papers don't photograph well when you're an amateur.  hahaha




For Following Challenges:









(Entered just the regular ATG.   Didn't consider my balloon dog really a critter)



Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Sentiment - Best Birthday Yet (CP Designs).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White; Metallic Confections (Tim Holtz); Neenah #80 lb Solar White.
Ink: Veramark 
Extras: Box Die (Neat & Tangled); Balloon Party Animal die (Spellbinders); Hooray for Confetti Foil Plate (CP Designs); Yippee word die (CP Designs); Gold hot foil (Spellbinders). 


 I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Have a good day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance 

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Fun card - thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

Nancy said...

OMG! How fun and absolutely fabulous are these cards, Nance! I love the direction you took with the colors and the dog balloons look so terrific in mirrored papers. Thrilled to have your creativity in the gallery at Color Hues.

Nancy said...

I was so excited to see look at these cards I failed to notice you linked up at STB too! So happy about that as well.

I Card Everyone said...

Nance, you nailed the use of those colors AND photographing that foil balloon! So fun!
=]

Sheri Gilson said...

What a FUN card! Love the party ballon animal! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Color Challenge!

Stef Perry said...

Nance, I feel your pain trying to photograph sparkle or metallics, they are notoriously hard to shoot. Nevertheless, your design is absolutely darling with the balloon pup popp5out of the box and the Yippee sentiment couldn't be more! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

I am in love with this fun design!!! We all know the agony of shiny card photography so don't sweat it. It is what it is. But I have to say I think you did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!!!

JulieP said...

Hey Nance. Me again. LOL!!! I'm just popping back in to thank you for also posting this fabulous card over at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog.