Featured Slider

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Retro Birthday Wishes

Hello!  Good Afternoon!

I am thrilled today to be Guesting at Seize The Birthday this challenge!





I was excited when Nancy Leppek sent me the theme - Retro Birthday.  I had a couple ideas and once I started perusing "retro" color schemes, several more.  LOL.  

Here is what I came up with...






I remember going to skating parties as a kid and young teen back in the 70s. The roller rink was one of the only things around my small town  to do on the weekends. So making this card made me reminisce about the skating rink with the disco ball, retro carpet off the side and concession stand that always smelled like popcorn and soda. I used skate stamps from Catherine Pooler and a rainbow die from Whimsy Stamps inked up in various colors of my Catherine Pooler inks.  You can't see it, but I used some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer on the skate details (stars, rainbows) to make them glimmer a bit.

So, stop by Seize The Birthday and check out the Design Team's awesome retro birthday cards and then come play along!  Remember, you can play with the Toppings challenge (Retro Birthday) or the regular ATG birthday challenge.  Maybe you'll be a Guest Designer soon!

Thank you Seize The Birthday Team! I would like to thank Glenda for choosing my card in Challenge #288 and Nancy for all the help and info for Guesting.  It has been fun!

I'm also entering this card into the Cupcake Inspirations special 600th challenge.



Card Supplies: 
Stamps: Roller skates/Sentiment - Let The Good Times Roll (CP Designs).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White
Ink: Rockin' Red, Cranberry Fizz, Tiara, Tiki Torch, Fiesta Blue (CP Ink); Copics on the skates.
Extras: Rainbow Die - Array of Rainbows (Whimsy Stamps); Skate Dies (CP Designs; Nuvo Aqua Shimmer.


Thanks for  stopping by my blog. Have a creative day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance 










 

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very fun Card. Brings back memories. I used to rollerskate every Friday night.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm afraid I was THAT kid who was always afraid of getting hurt! But I sure loved watching from the sidelines, Nance AND the music!
Your card is retro and fantastic! Congrats on your win and GD stint!
=]

Nancy said...

When you sent me your card I thought, Dang, I better up my game. This is so terrific! Thanks for guesting with us at STB!

Barbara said...

Welcome to the challenge as our guest designer! You knocked this one out of the park. I love the retro colors and your node to roller skating. I skated to and from school. Such memories.

Colleen said...

Nance, your card is absolutely fantastic! I loved rollerskating as a young girl also. My childhood home has a basement as the stairs were in the center, so we could skate and have races around and around...so fun! Your card brought back so many wonderful memories! thanks for being an awesome guest at STB!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win and Guest Designer spot! This team is the best! Love your skates and memories of the skating rink. I can almost smell the popcorn!

Cathy said...

Wonderful card and such a great idea for the retro theme! Cool skates and colours, perfect! Thankyou for guesting with us at STB, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Definitely retro. Love your idea and the colors you used with those cute skates. I remember the skating rink also, what fun.

Linda said...

Who doesn't remember skating around the skating rink with those roller skates. Perfect card for this challenge. I love how you grounded your skates with those colored rainbows. Happy to have you as a Surprise Party Guest at STB, Nance.

shirley-bee said...

Oh, so retro! I lived on my roller skates (in the days before roller boots), and there were no rinks near us, but I used to love watching American roller derby on the telly on Saturdays. Thanks for the memories and for being a great surprise party guest 🥳

Glenda J said...

Nance - this is so fun! Great retro colours, sentiment and roller skates. Perfect for the challenge. We didn't have a roller rink growing up but I do remember having roller skates that strapped on to the bottom of my shoes - lol.