Featured Slider

Monday, November 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas - November 2019

Hello!

Today is November 25th.

Do you know what that means????

ONE MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!

Wow did this year fly by, particularly the last half!  WHEW!

And, since it is November 25th, it means it's time for another 

Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop!




I've been working on lots of cards trying to finish mine up.  I have bits and pieces laying all over my craft room.  Sometimes if my mojo is a no-go, I will pull out already created backgrounds and some background stamps and grab a few already cut dies to pull a card together a little quicker and hopefully jumpstart my creativity as well.  I used a Christmas background on one and a mosaic one on the other.  I stamped them both with Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder (the purple Noel) and Rose Gold on the pink card.  

For the purple Noel card, I adhered the background to gold foil cardstock and then adhered both layers to a cardbase inked on top with Sweet Sixteen CP Designs Ink.  I had some snowflakes in my stash so I took one and embossed it in a purple emboss powder(Wink) and then several purple shades of embossing glitter.  Then, I glued it to a couple other snowflakes, one white the other gold.  I dropped shadowed the gold one behind the top layer to help it pop more against the background.  I added a strip of gold cardstock behind the snowflake to help make it stand out more.  Next I cut a small tag die from a CP Designs die set and stamped "Noel" in versamark.  Then, I embossed it in the purple embossing powder and then again in embossing glitter.  I slipped it in under the snowflake. 

For the pink card, I embossed the background design in Fool's Gold.  I cut various ornament dies I had out of gold foil and cut one out of a second pink alcohol inked background in my stash.  I die cut the words twice each from white cardstock and layered.  I assembled the ornaments with their strings and tops and tucked the strings between the background layer and a layer of gold foil cardstock and also glued down the ornaments to the front.  Finally, I glued the sentiment words onto the appropriate ornaments.

 




If you don't have all of your Christmas cards done yet, hop through the rest of the Design Team's blog links below for more Christmas inspiration:

Nance Salkeld (You are HERE!)
Nancy Guse



Card Supplies:

Noel Card:

Stamps: Rondi's Circle background stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs); Sentiment: Tiny Wishes (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Paper:  White cardstock - Neenah; Yupo paper (for alcohol inked backgrounds); Gold foil cardstock.
Ink:  Various Purple and Gold Alcohol Inks (Tim Holtz); Versamark; Sweet Sixteen (Catherine Pooler Inks); 
Extras: Snowflake die (Catherine Pooler Designs); Charm Die-Tiny Wishes (Catherine Pooler Designs);  Wink embossing powder- (WOW); Tickles & Frisky embossing powder(WOW).

Ornament Card:
Stamps: Baubles background stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Paper: White cardstock - (Neenah 110 lb); Yupo paper (for alcohol inks); Gold foil cardstock.

Ink:  Various Pink  and goldAlcohol Inks (Tim Holtz); Versamark; It's A Girl (Catherine Pooler Inks).
Extras: Orament dies (Spellbinders, Memory Box); Sentiment dies (Tim Holtz); Fool's Gold embossing glitter (WOW).


Keeping Christmas Blessings!


5 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE These cards!! So beautiful and in my favorite colors!

Nancy G said...

Your cards are beautiful, dreamy colors!

Bonnie said...

I love these elegant Christmas cards, Nance! The colors are fantastic and the embossed background with the die cuts make for gorgeous cards!

Vicky Hayes said...

These cards are really going to stand out on someone's mantlepiece Nance! Loving those rich jewel colours you've chosen that work so well with the gold. Beautiful cards! Vicky x

Discipler Network said...

This is a greeat post thanks