Featured Slider

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Calm, Bright and Wonderful



Good Evening
or maybe 
Good Morning!


I can't believe I've been able to craft my little heart out this week! It's been hot, muggy and rainy off and on the past week or so.  We visited my mom and she came back with us for a few days.  Then after taking her back to South Carolina I decided to have another week of laziness except for crafting (and eating, one must eat-LOL). Now I have lots to share!

The first ones are not the first ones I made.  They're a couple of the last ones.  I received the Catherine Pooler Colorbursts this week that I had ordered and so I tried them out.  These two cards are the results of a background I created using the colorbursts and a new CP Stencil, Bear Grass.  
As you can see I created two cards from one background. I used the papertowel technique on them.  I placed a stencil on top of some watercolor paper and then re-wet a soaked paper towel from previous CP Colorburst creations and just dabbed it around on top of the stencil.  I love how it came out!  It looked like a winter wooded scene so of course, I had to make Christmas cards!


CAS Mixup Challenge this month was Paper Towel Technique and I wanted to try and squeeze in even one card for it.  So I'm entering the first card into the challenge.
Stamp Supplies Card 1:
Stamps: Sentiment - Here We Come A Caroling (Catherine Pooler Designs).
Paper: Sugarplum (Stampin'Up); White glitter cardstock; Watercolor Paper(Strathmore).
Ink: Sweet Sixteen (Catherine Pooler Designs Inks); Suede Shoes Colorburst (Ken Oliver Colorbursts for Catherine Pooler Inks).
Extras: Snowglobe Die (Catherine Pooler Designs); Pine leaf dies (Tim Holtz).



Stamp Supplies Card 2:
Stamps: Sentiment - Wonderful Time of the Year (Catherine Pooler Designs); Tree stump and trees - Wild About You (Catherine Pooler).
Paper:  White cardstock. (Neenah); Watercolor paper - Strathmore; Craft foam.
Ink:Sued Shoes Colorbursts (Catherine Pooler Colorbursts by Ken Oliver); It's A Boy (Catherine Pooler Inks); Versamark.
Extras:  Snowglobe circle die and deer die (Catherine Pooler Designs); Tree dies - Wild About You (Catherine Pooler);  Wink Embossing Powder & Frisky Ice Sparkles - part of Flirty Fuchsia Embossing Trio (Catherine Pooler by Wow); Wanderlust emboss glitter (WOW); Sequins - Bourbon Street Mix (Catherine Pooler Designs).

For Following Challenges:

Card 1 Only:

Stamping Blessings!






5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You sure looked like you had fun with your new colourbursts and stencil. What beautiful and winter effects. The designs on both cards are stunning and so very unique.....Extra fun idea to make one as a shaker card x

Bonnie said...

Your paper towel background does look like a winter sky, Nance! And that stencil is perfect as it looks like a forest. I love both of these! I'm glad you've had time to craft. Eat, Sleep, Craft, Repeat.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a beautiful background you made with your new Colorbursts and stencil, Nance! It does look like a winter forest, and I love the soft and dreamy mix of colors behind the trees. You put this scene into the snowglobe beautifully. The second shaker card is bright and fun! The contrast between the serene forest front panel and the jazzy shaker element is wonderful. So glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thank you!
Hideko

Kim Heggins said...

Love these....your snow globe is simply wonderful!!!

Loll said...

Your paper towel transfer did make the most winter wonderful background, Nance!! Love the soft colours. Looks fantastic in your snowglobe! xx