Featured Slider

Saturday, August 3, 2019

CAS Christmas - Glitter

Hello!
Happy Weekend!

It's Saturday, August 3rd.  
That means a new challenge is beginning over at 

Loll is our hostess this month and she chose Glitter for our theme.



I decided to do a little multi glitter embossing on my card for today.  I used a Christmas tree stamp from Catherine Pooler Designs, Festive Trimmings, stamped in Versamark.  Then I sprinkled three different green embossing powders (by WOW for Catherine Pooler) and a red one and heat set. Next I inked it up in Versamark again and then this time added embossing GLITTER in the same colors over the same areas as I did with the powders.  This time I heat set from underneath the cardstock until I could see it beginning to set and then made a run on the top side with the heat gun. After it was all dry I die cut it.  I also stamped the red bells in Rockin Red ink then took a Versamark pen and dabbed each one before adding the Rockin Red Embossing Glitter to them.  After this was set and dried I die cut them with the coorindating die and glued them on the tree where the tree stamp design has bells.  I centered it on a vellum die cut "window" which is part of the Adore Die by Catherine Pooler.  I finished the card off by gold embossing the sentiment on vellum and placing it in the center of the tree.

Now stop by the CAS Christmas Card blog and see the rest of the Design Team's projects as well as our August Guest Designer, Michelle!  Then come play along with us this month and create some GLITTERY Christmas cards for your stash!  There's just 4-1/2 months left before Christmas!!!

CAS Christmas Blessings!


8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous sparkly tree, Nance! Especially love how you clustered the ornaments - great look!!

Loll said...

Great work combining different shades of green embossing for this beautiful tree, Nance. The red ornaments really pop. Looks amazing with the glitter on top to add lots of sparkle. The tree is lovely in front of your beautiful window. xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! That's some creative embossing, Nancy! Love all the different colors of glitter and shine! The vellum window is a perfect place to place the tree and I love how the vellum sentiment balances everything!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous heat embossing colors and added glitter, Nance. I love your pretty Christmas tree and appreciate you sharing your details. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Michelle W said...

I love your multi coloured sparkly tree Nancy!

Trina P. said...

What great patience you have to multi-layer heat emboss. Amazing dimension and sparkle. x

Christine Alexander said...

great idea to layer the colours with the embossing powder and then add the sparkle. your tree looks amazing and very glittery :)

Vicky Hayes said...

What an amazing technique Nance! It's created a bright festive look for your gorgeous, glittery tree!