Featured Slider

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Krafty Chicks Challenge #468 - Masculine

Good Morning!  It's a hot one here in NC, although not as hot as the week has been.  I'm ready for more of a cool down though.  It'd be nice to have 70s weather from now til November....I can dream! LOL

It may be hot but there's a nice cool challenge beginning today at Krafty Chicks Challenge.  Amy is our host and she is looking for Masculine projects as our Twist.


My Hub's birthday is in September so I made him a birthday card to serve as double duty --- his birthday and this challenge!  So, sssshhhh! I don't want him to see it before his birthday. I will probably make him another one.  I usually make a couple so my boys can also give him one of my creations.  

I had  created the background die a while back by cutting it from ink sponged cardstock using Catherine Pooler inks.  It is from Lil' Inkers Designs.  The numbers I die cut from a stamped background I had made that mostly failed but I was able to salvage enough to cut the numbers. I cut black numbers to creat a drop shadow behind them and placed them on a white label die.  I decided to stamp and white emboss the rest of the sentiment onto inked cardstock.  The balloons are cut from silver foil cardstock and silver glitter cardstock.

Make sure to stop by the Hen House and check out the rest of the Team's projects as well as our Guest Designer, Betty Roberts.  Then come play along in our Masculine Twist challenge.

Krafty Chicks Blessings!



2 comments:

Bonnie said...

A perfect card for Dave, Nance! Great way to use those backgrounds!

Leanne said...

Share some of your weather/heat, we sure haven't had summer here this year. Such a pretty card, I love that background, and very cool with the numbers. Awesome friend! Hugs, L