Featured Slider

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Krafty Chicks Challenge #466 Embossing

Hello August 1st! 

It's still summer!  I feel like half of it has been a blur with all the remodeling and work that has been done around here since May.  Hoping he hubs can now find time to finish our brick patio so we can at least enjoy it at least until Thanksgiving!  One perk of living in NC, the falls are still very warm so you can enjoy outside and usually without all the skeeters! 

Anyway, I digress.  It's also Thursday today which means a new challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge.  Leanne is our hostess this week and her twist is Embossing!




I decided to try a technique showcased by Jennifer McGuire for this one.  I'd tried it before but this time turned out better.  I used a 3D embossing folder that came with my Gemini Jr, embossed on a light yellow cardstock from my stash.  Then I lightly went over the raised areas with Sauna dye ink by Catherine Pooler.  The scalloped stitched oval die is by Pretty Pink Posh and the sentiment and word die and heart die are all Catherine Pooler.  

Stop by the Hen House and see the rest of the team's projects and welcome our August Guest Designer, Elizabeth (Betty) Roberts.  Betty and I met on Stamp Nation and follow each other on Instagram so I asked her if she would like to Guest spot with us.  See her projects this month on her Instagram account, @finestrn.   Then come play along with us this week!

Krafty Chick Blessings! 


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You had fabulous results with this technique, Nance! A very elegant card! I tried to do this and couldn't get even inking. Maybe I need to try it again.

Leanne said...

This sure has WOW Factor, love it, so pretty, way to go!! Hugs, L