Featured Slider

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Krafty Chicks Challenge #470 - Crazy Egg/Just A Sentiment


Hello and Good Morning!

This week is breezing by quickly as it is Thursday already!

It's also the last Thursday of August as well as the 5th Thursday, which at Krafty Chicks Challenge means a Crazy Egg Challenge!  Lori is our hostess this week and the Twist theme she chose is "Just a Sentiment".


I have to admit I struggled a bit with this one.  I created one card, realized it was too busy for just a sentiment even though it was a nice one.  So, I pulled out some backgrounds and this evolved...
The background was created with the baby wipe technique and distress oxide inks.  Then, I die cut the "sunshine" word die (Catherine Pooler Designs) three times, twice in black and once in white.  The white one was inked with Versamark and embossed with Honeydew embossing powder (part of a Melon Ice trio of powders by Wow for Catherine Pooler).  I Versamarked it again and embossed with Ice Pop Sparkles(third of the Melon Ice trio).  I repeated that last step again.  Next I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Versamark on Midnight cardstock by Catherine Pooler and embossed in white, then cut them out.  Finally I stamped the sun rays from the Scatter Sunshine set by Catherine Pooler Designs in Versafiine Black Onyx directly on the background and dried with a heat tool.  The whole layer was adhered to a midnight cardbase.  By luck, the sun was shining bright that day in my craft window so I was able to capture a nice natural photo.   I loooove how the "sunshine" sparkles in the sunshine! 

Make sure you stop by the Hen House and see what the rest of the Chicks have created.  Also it is the last week for our August Guest Designer, Betty Roberts, so be sure and visit her Instagram and "heart" her card.  Then come play along in our Just A Sentiment Twist or our Crazy Egg ATG challenge and let's have some crafty fun!

Krafty Chick Blessings!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is really sunny and cheerful, Nance!