Featured Slider

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas Blog Hop - August 2019


Hello again!

I have a special post for this 25th day of August!



It's time for another Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop!

Every month on the 25th, the Keeping Christmas Team headed by our fabulous leader, Kelly Lunceford, share lots of wonderful Christmas projects to inspire you and boost your creativity to either begin or add to your Christmas card/paper project stash for Christmas.

This month I decided to do some ornaments/tags for my project ---
I found these black chalkboard ornament tags at Michaels about a year ago and bought them specifically to do just this. Of course, my plan was to use them all up for last Christams...umm, obviously that didn't happen.  LOL I created a few back last fall for a Paper Sweeties post using Paper Sweeties stamps and dies with felt.  This time I wanted to do it a little different with just cardstock and stamps.  I've used the Stamp/Die set, Christmas Cookies, by Catherine Pooler Designs, for the images. 




The first duo (above), I chose the tree stamp.  I pulled out some backgrounds I have already created.  The blue tree is from a background using the shaving cream technique with re-inkers.  The green tree is a watercolored background using Lime Rickey dye ink by Catherine Pooler.  I stamped both backgrounds with Versamark and then embossed in White emboss powder by WOW.  Then I die cut them out along with a plain white die for an added layer behind the image. I also cut two stars from another die set from silver glitter cardstock.  Next, using Versamark I stamped the sentiments on both tags and embossed in white.  After adhering the trees I added green sequins and sequin snowflakes to the green tree one and blue sequins and tiny silver star sequins to the blue one.

For the angels, I used a background created with Limoncello Colorburst by Ken Oliver for Catherine Pooler Designs.  I Versamarked and white embossed the angels then die cut them with white cardstock angels for extra layer.  Next I used some Limoncello Liquid Ice and painted it onto the angels.  This liquid ice comes with the four Carnivale Colorbursts, along with a Samba liquid ice.  It adds a nice shimmer.  I stamped and embossed the sentiments, from "Here We Come A Caroling" (Catherine Pooler Designs).  After adhering the angels I just added some gold 2D star stickers.  I left the original string hangers on these.


My final two tags, I pulled out some Samba inked cardstock, stamped and embossed the sled onto it twice and die cut them out with white cardstock dies for layering.  I added the Samba liquid ice to the sleds  for some shimmer.  I stamped the sentiment, from "Holiday Charm" (Catherine Pooler) and embossed it white.  I added snowflake sequins and some red enamel dots as well as red baker's twine to finish off the final two tags.

I had a lot of fun creating these using lots of different backgrounds created from various techniques.  I have an enormous stash of backgrounds I need to use and so I love digging through them to use on projects like this.  I need to keep doing it until I've used them all.

I hope you've enjoyed my tags/ornaments.  I think I need to go back to Michaels and see if they still have these chalkboard tags.  They make great tags/ornament gifts, however they are decorated.

Now hop through the list below and see what the rest of the team has created this month.  It is sure to inspire you to break out some Christmas stamps!


Nance Salkeld (You are HERE!)

See you next month!


Keeping Christmas Blessings!




5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your Christmas cookies look so yummy, Nance! They make beautiful tag/ornaments! A super great idea!

Nancy G said...

Beautiful, fun tags!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow! These are awesome!

Marcia Hill said...

Nance these tags are FABULOUS and I so want to CASE you with these! I even have the CP stamp set that I had to have and then never even used last year...I will definitely dig them out after seeing these beauties you created! Thanks so much for the inspiration!! :0)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...these are simply spectacular!!! Love those bright and beautiful colors against the black tags!