Featured Slider

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Hello Crafty Friend

Happy Saturday!

Thought I would share a card I made for the July PenPal swap at Stamp Nation.
I created the background using the Watercolor Wash technique shown by Jennifer McGuire. I used a background stamp stamped in Versamark that I heat set.  Then, using Catherine Pooler Inks of Aquatini, Melon Ice, Lemoncello, Orange Twist,  and Samba with a waterbrush and created a rainbow effect. Next, using my Misti, I stamped flowers from the CP Sursee set, Life in the Bloom, in Twilight and heat set them. I stamped them again in Versamark to heat set Ice Pop Sparkles on top.  I did the same to the butterfly(from CP Wild Garden Set).  I cut down the top and bottom of the background and adhered it to a kraft cardbase.  I cut a stitched scallop die from CP Midnight black cardstock and glued it to the side.  Then I cut three "friend" dies (Altenew) and glued together and three "crafty" dies (Heffy Doodle), glued them and then adhered them to the card. The "hello" sentiment I believe is from the Life In the Bloom set also and I stamped it in Midnight on white cardstock and bumped it up with foam tape.  I love how glittery and sparkly the flowers and butterfly came out.

Crafty Friend Blessings!


No comments: