Featured Slider

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Krafty Chicks #467 - Desert

Good Morning!

It's time for a new challenge at 
Krafty Chicks Challenge!

I'm your hostess this week.  I've chosen Desert as the Twist for this week.  It's been hot and more hot here in North Carolina as it's moving into the dog days of summer.

I bought this stamp set by Hero Arts along with the dies and the die I used on another card (below).  Thought it would be perfect for this challenge.  The hubs and I actually have these monuments on our bucket list to see and hike around.  Our youngest may be visiting some of them this fall.  So I will probably send him this card as a "have fun/stay safe" wishes.
Anyway, the background is a grunge stamp by Catherine Pooler Designs stamped in Queen For A Day ink (CP Inks)purple.  The sunset I made by cutting a small circle out of mask paper first.  Then, sponging  Lemoncello, Sauna, Orange Twist, Rouge, Queen For a Day with my brushes from Picket Fence Studios.  On the desert floor I used all the same colors except the purple, and added some light tan (Sand Castle).

I made a second card since I made two sunset backgrounds.  The second one uses a die cut from Hero Arts, Desert Sunset Fancy Die.  The dog is from the Cowboy Adventures stamp set.  And the sentiment is from the set "Find Your Happy" by Catherine Pooler Designs embossed in white.


So now go check out the rest of the team's desert projects at the Hen House.  Then, come play along with us and share a desert themed project for our Twist or play in our always Anything Goes challenge.

Krafty Chicks Blessings!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Awesome sponged background, Nance! The cards look hot! Love the coyote baying at the moon!