Featured Slider

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Magical Birthday


Hello!  It's been a long while since I posted a non-DT card I believe.  My niece turned 3 last week so I had to make a birthday card.  


I decided to do something simple and fun.  So I cased a card by Jennifer McGuire, which I loved, using Pink Fresh's "Magical Unicorn" stamp/die set.

I used Catherine Pooler Inks for the flower and leaf stamps/dies.  I think in Jennifer McGuire's tutorial she uses a light tan ink from Hero arts or Simon Says but I didn't have that.  I decided to try my no line ink by Ink Road and it worked perfectly for the background stamping.  As you see it left a subtle image.  The unicorn horn I stamped in Melon Ice, then stamped it again in Versamark and embossed it with the Melon Ice embossing trio of embossing powder, then the embossing Sparkle. Then glued it onto two white die cut horns.  The ears I die cut three times to bump them up. I lightly sponged some Be Mine in the middle of the ears. I stamped the eyelashes, added some grey shadow and then some sparkle.  Once I laid out the flowers how I wanted them, took a photo so I would remember placement and then glued them on.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx and embossed in clear and added a little Nuvo Glimmer to pen for a little sparkle.  Lastly, I stamped the stars with the Ink On 3 no line ink all around the perimeter of the unicorn and then adhered it to a kraft cardbase.  And, I added irridescent gems to the flowers.

For Following Challenges:



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

A super fun card, Nance! Love that unicorn!