Featured Slider

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas - September 2019


Good Morning!

Today is September 25th!

THREE MONTHS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!
Do you have your Christmas cards started yet?  

If not, come check out the
 Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop.  

Every month on the 25th, the Keeping Christmas Team headed by our fabulous leader, Kelly Lunceford, share lots of wonderful Christmas projects to inspire you and boost your creativity to either begin or add to your Christmas card/paper project stash for Christmas.

This month I decided to make some Christmas Thank You cards so I would have some ready for right after the holiday. This is actually a first for me.  I usually forget all about the thank you cards until about mid-January.  Probably because sometimes I'm mailing my Christmas cards out the day after Christmas! (Cardmaker's problem, or at least this one's).

  
I saw a really interesting technique last week from a card challenge participant whose blog I visited.  This may be totally new to just me.  I've smooshed ink on blocks before but never thought to smoosh the ink in two blocks together  So I had to try it.  I used various acrylic blocks I have but the ones I liked the most were my round one, a medium rectangle and a larger rectangle.  It works best with just two different colors per background.  I wound up with nine backgrounds.  I chose three for now.  I'll make up the others later.  
After all the smooshing, I decided I'd ink the front of the cardbases to match one of the color in each background. Once that was done I got busy stamping all my elements and embossing all my sentiments on labels I had die cut previously.


I used two stamp sets, both by Catherine Pooler Designs. Oh What Fun and Boughs and Berries.  The sentiment was a freebie from Catherine Pooler in the September Release.  



Now see what the rest of the Design Team has created to inspire you by hopping through the list below:

Nance Salkeld (You are HERE!)

See you next month!

Keeping Christmas Blessings!

4 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

The pink one is my favorite! Love all of these and the special eleme4nts you pulled together for a cohesive design!

Anita said...

These are so pretty Nance!

Nancy G said...

Your two color smooshing is beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards....so in love with all your amazing background!!! Just so festive.