Featured Slider

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Brave Wings

Happy Fall Ya'll!
 <insert adopted southern accent> 

I'm sharing a non-DT post for a change! With summer winding down and cooler weather on the way (hopefully, although you never know in the south), I'm trying to get crafty organized for Fall/Winter cards. 

I made my final stamp purchases for 2019, getting some new Fall, Halloween and LOTS of Christmas stamps.  So I've been playing around a little bit with everything.  One of my favorite new purchases are these angel wings die (see below) by Catherine Pooler Designs, part of her Christmas Release this month.  Even the Hubs loved them and said they were a must have!  LOL

Anyway, I always try and make some breast cancer awareness cards for October so I thought they might work for that as well.  Am I understating that?  The photo isn't great as the background is grey, and lighter than it shows in the photo, but I really LOVE how this turned out!



Above is using natural light and a devil may care, just shoot and post the darn thing, attitude.  Below is one of my original attempts at a photo that shows the truer color of the grey background.  I had lighting issues yesterday trying to photograph cards.  I'm sure it was the "photographer" moreso than the lighting but we won't say anymore about that.  Except, I will add I think it is possible to have too much lighting in the one room that gets lots of natural lighting.



I cut out the wings twice, once in Neenah 110 lb cardstock and then out of a pink watercolored background.  I cut out some Stick It paper and adhered to the back of the white wings to keep all the pieces in place.  Then popped out the pink pieces and adhered the pink wings on top of the white ones.  I cut the ribbon from the same watercolored cardstock. I already had the heart die in my "leftover pieces" box. I used grey cardstock, I think "mirror" from CP Designs grey cardstock pack.  

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment - Ellen Hutson-Be Strong and American Crafts.
Paper: Smoke cardstock (Catherine Pooler); White cardbase (Neenah); Watercolor paper (Strathmore).
Ink: It's a Girl (Catherine Pooler Inks); Versamark
Extras: White embossing powder (WOW); Angel Wings die (Catherine Pooler Designs); Ribbon die (Verve Stamps); Heart die (Sizzix). Stars from Star cutting plate (Catherine Pooler Designs); Sequins - (Catherine Pooler Designs)

Brave Blessings!



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful card for someone fighting breast cancer or any other kind of cancer. Glad you are getting some time to just have fun!