Featured Slider

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Super Interactive Birthday

Hello there!

I was very busy in my craft room this past weekend.  The hubs was sick and so our intended very busy "home project" weekend was derailed so while he rested and got better I got some much needed time in my craft room.  Mind you, I'm not happy he was sick, but happy I got to craft.  

One of the things I was late in doing was a birthday card for my niece who turned five in April.  Yes, I'm a not so attentive auntie this go around.  Yet, thankfully for the weekend reprieve I managed to finally get it done and off in priority mail.  

I recently bought the Reveal Wheel die and coordinating stamps by Lawn Fawn, with my young nieces in mind but now that I've made one, I've decided it's not just for kids.  Since my niece, Sophia turned five, I wanted to make something a little older and so I thought a superhero that looked like her would be fun. So I pulled out a set by Pretty Cute Stamps and colored her up then shimmered lots of her accessories and then the card fell together --- sponging a sky background, stenciling a sunbeam on top with puffy stitched cloud dies with the super girl flying up and away with a bunch of birthday balloons.

Challenges:








Super Birthday Blessings!

7 comments:

Shona Chambers said...

A couple of weeks ago both my children were sick and since my husband was busy I managed to get a lot of card making done, so bad for them but good for me!! Although I then got sick so that was my punishment....lol... Absolutely brilliant card and I bet your niece is still playing with it. I've never tried making an interactive card. It looks so much fun and the bright colours and glitter on the card make it so eye-catching. Its just fabulous and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

Bonnie said...

Love the bright colors and superhero flying off to wish your niece a happy birthday! It's extra fun that it's interactive!

Nonni said...

Oh wow... What a card! Stunning detail work and I love interactive aspect of this card. The sun rays look amazing and your super woman looks amazing with the pink details -so girly and fun! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

cm said...

OHMYSTARS! Such an awesome card for your niece (or any 'super gal)! The sun rays, balloons, puffy clouds create a fabulous canvas for your sweet image! The glitter is a delightful touch! A joy to see this in the JUGS gallery!
~carol

Bobby said...

I bet your niece loved it, Nancy. I know I sure do. Thanks for sharing your little super hero with us at Just Us Girls.

Marina said...

Great movement and excitement on this colourful, fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Nonni said...

I'm back again with my other DT hat on... And still loving this card as much as the first time I saw it! :)Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!