Featured Slider

Friday, May 3, 2019

Adventure Awaits

TGIF Evening!

I'm posting again today, I know weird isn't it?  We've been up to our eyeballs in house/yard repairs with a revolving door of contractors/estimates over the past two weeks. And finally new fixed plumbing too!  YAY!   You'd think we were building a brand new house, but nope, our 51 year old house just needs some long awaited TLC.   Plus, our son and DIL are moving from OK in with us in a couple months and so it was a "can't put it off any longer" thing.  Anyway, that's why I've been very sporadic with my crafting, my noggin' has been filled to the brim with numbers, paint color chips, bathroom furniture, etc.  

And now I've found my weekend wide open as the hubs is home sick, which delays some things but means a little more play time for me.  

One thing I've done is finally finished this card for last week's color challenge at Stamp Nation.  Yes, last week.  LOL (I told you I've had too much "life-ing" going on).  I also had taken inspiration from our living room couch pillows.

 Here is the pillow:
The colors of the challenge were Rose Petals, Polished, Mandarin Spice, Peppermint Scrub and Skylight.   So I combined the two to come up with my background which I pretty much made my card. I blended the first three colors on watercolor paper with blender brushes and stamped the images in the Peppermint Scrub. I used the border stamps from CP Good Vibes, a border stamp from CP Stand Tall, a hexagon stamp from CP Hex Marks the Spot along with a monkey and giraffe stamp from the Hero Arts June 2017 Kit.  The sentiment is from Stamplorations Born To Run Set.

Adventure Blessings!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You certainly have had lots of adventures lately, Nance, and more to come! Glad progress is being made and your have some free time to craft. Hope Dave feels much better and gets some needed rest. Your card is awesome! Love the blended colors and great design elements! Have fun this weekend.