Featured Slider

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas - May 2019

Good Morning!

It's a holiday weekend so I hope you're enjoying it.  Here in the South it's going to be a scorcher, record temp setting weekend.  May isn't finished yet but it seems like we've skipped all the way past to late July!  Whew!

Anyway, there's more pressing business than the hot weather right now --- Cardmaking!  LOL


It's time for the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop.


On the 25th of each month throughout the year we have a blog hop of Christmas cards to help inspire you to build upon your  Christmas cards stash through the year.

This month I tried a "new to me" technique - Underwater Background Technique, and I thought it would be perfect to use along with the Christmas By The Sea stamp set by Flora and Fauna.  
Over at Stamp Nation there is a special month of challenges and tutorials going on with the theme "Spring Break".  Heather Little from Ink Road Stamps showed a video tutorial on how to do the underwater background.   

It did take me two tries to get the background kind of like I wanted.  I'm not completely happy with it but I will certainly do it again.  I do need to get a couple new watercolor brushes as I think that was partly the problem.  After creating the background, I stamped, colored and fussy cut all the images and heat embossed the sentiment on black cardstock.  I also decided to add a little detail to the bottom of the sea by stamping a coral a couple times in black.  I gave them some shine with a Nuvo Glimmer pen. Next I adhered all of the images and shimmerd the Santa hats as well.

Now hop through the list below and visit the rest of the Design Team's blogs to see what they've created this month for their Christmas card stash.  Hopefully you will be inspired to create a few Christmas cards early yourself!

Kelly Lunceford







Nance Salkeld (You are HERE)





Keeping Christmas Blessings!

5 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, I love the fun theme.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply magical...love your under the sea Christmas scene, just as sweet as can be.

Nancy G said...

Your background turned out beautiful! Such a fun card!

Bonnie said...

What a unique and fun Christmas card, Nance! Love that underwater background!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Such a fun design! Perfect to make this time of year, but so cute for Christmas!