Featured Slider

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Happy Birth-They

 Hello again!

Here I am piling on the blogging again.  I still have several cards I have not shared.  I try to wait to post in the evenings when the Hubs is at work but lately the evenings have been either busy or I've fallen asleep in mid-sentence. It's very late again so I fear the latter may happen again!

We had a milestone birthday this past weekend.  Our oldest, Arrow(dead name -Patrick), turned 30!  How do I have a 30 year old I don't know because I don't feel much older than that myself!  Anyhoo it's reality.  This is the birthday card I made for them.  I know many people are not very familiar with all the gender pronouns and such.  Our oldest, birth name Patrick, has been a member of the LGBTQIA2s+ community for several years now and this past summer announced their preference for nonbinary gender identification publicly.  Thus they chose to change their name to a non-gender bias name, Arrow.  So, long story short, they identify as nonbinary using "they/their/them".  And with embracing that with them, I created their birthday card using the nonbinary colors, which are yellow, white, purple and black.  They loved it.


I used stamp sets, Birthday Cake Remix, Milestone Birthday number dies, and Hey Mister stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs along with Limoncello, Grape Crush and Midnight CP inks.  It did take a little creativity to make the "birth-they" as I don't have a "they" stamp.  It was a collaboration using a "hey" stamp and a single "birth" stamp that is part of the Hey Mister set with a small "arrow" in between.


I'm still trying to get used to the fact they're 30 so I guess I can no longer claim I'm still 30! LOL

For Following Challenges:



Birth-They Blessings!



3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Arrow!

Bonnie said...

I mean Happy Birth-they!

Jill V said...

What a wonderful story behind this card design - and a super creative use of stamps to make it work :) Thanks so much for celebrating 8 years with us at TIME OUT!