Featured Slider

Monday, February 25, 2019

Purple Pearly Birthday


Hello, it's me again!  Told you I had lots to share.  I've been trying to give some of my different mediums a little more crafty love so here is another card using Perfect Pearls.  This birthday card is for my mother inlaw, whose birthday was yesterday. 

I started off by inking up some white cardstock with ink color, Royal Treatment, by Catherine Pooler.  After it was dry, I stamped the wildflowers from the Catherine Pooler set, Wonderful Wildflowers, the outlined flower stamps in Versamark ink and white embossed them.  Then I took the solid matching flower stamp stamped in Versamark and stamped the inside of the stamp.  Next, I brushed Perfect Pearls, the pearl color, onto the images and brushed off all the excess so that all that remained was inside the flowers.  Then, I took part of the Marble Swirl stamp, uninked, and stamped it over the images so wherever there was Perfect Pearls, mostly inside the petals, the image would adhere.  I then stamped a "happy" in the Royal Treatment on white linen cardstock and cut out the "birthday" sentiment from silver mirror cardstock.   I adhered the purple panel to a white linen cardstock base and added some small and medium clear gems for a little added bling.  I really like how it turned out with that cool pattern inside the flowers. 

For Following Challenges:




Pearly, Purple Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Neat background technique, Nancy! I love the weathered wood backdrop and beautiful while flowers!!!

Bonnie said...

Love this shade of purple and the lighter, pearly flowers! What a great idea to use the swirl stamp to add the look of texture to the petals! I have Perfect Pearls and I don't think I've ever really used them. Well, maybe once, but they need some attention! Maybe we can play with them one day?

Nancy said...

This is such a striking card Nance! Isn't fun to revisit other stamping techniques! You did a great job with this card! Si happy to have it in our lineup at Just Us Girls! Happy creating!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool technique! I was wondering how you got the marble effect on just the flowers when I first saw the card! Amazing card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!