Featured Slider

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Krafty Chicks Challenge #443 Shades of Pink & Red

Happy Thursday!  

Time for a new challenge
at
Krafty Chicks Challenge!

Amy is our hostess this week
and
she is looking for a color scheme of pinks and reds!


This card came out different than my first thought.  I had inked up all the layers using ink to paper and then stamped them tone on tone for each layer, before cutting the hearts out.  My original plan was to fashion them together light to dark and make a shaker from the smallest heart window.  Well...I measured on my Misti where to place the cardstock so each panel would stamp the same (so I thought).  However, my last layer, the red, must have been a bit smaller so it stamped a little off center from the other two. Also, I realized the top two layers had a hard line on one side from the edge of the stamp.  So, I trimmed down the top two layers and just used the small heart die cut out for the red.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed with white emboss powder on black cardstock and cut tails off each end.  The "Hello" is a die cut from Ways to Say Hey by Catherine Pooler I glued down and then adhered the banner sentiment on top with foam tape.  Sequins were added to bring on some bling.  I wound up liking it just as well as my original idea.  I'll still keep the shaker idea in mind to try again.

Please stop by the Hen House and check out the rest of the Chicks' beautiful projects.  Then come play along with us in our Color Scheme twist and you may be one of our next Chick Picks or play in our always ATG challenge and share a project with us.

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Rondi's Window background stamp (Catherine Pooler Designs); Sentiment from Awesome/Wonderful Set (Catherine Pooler Designs).
PAPER: White cardstock (Neenah 110 lb Solar White).
INK: It's A Girl, Party Dress, Samba (Catherine Pooler Inks); Versamark.
EXTRAS:Hello Die from Ways to Say Hey Die set (Catherine Pooler Designs); White emboss powder (WOW); clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); Foam Tape (3M); Glue (Gina K Connect); Double sided tape runner (3M); Micro glue dots.

Krafty Chicks Blessings!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I love it great idea about shaker card too! Way to go so pretty!!!

Bonnie said...

This may not have turned out exactly how you wanted, but I love it, Nance! The white along the sides brightens it all up and I love the stacked hearts with the tone on tone stamping.

Lori Turner said...

I agree with Bonnie! Even though it's not what you planned, it's sure gorgeous! WTG!