Featured Slider

Monday, February 25, 2019

Hey There...


Good Morning again!

finally got some good crafting time last week! Now, hopefully, I can begin to share the fruits of my labor.  Here is one of them.  I tried out a faux stained glass technique shown by Jennifer McGuire.

I used the Interlock Die, part of the recent release, Welcome Home, by Catherine Pooler Designs.  I started by adhering a 4-1/4x5-1/2 Stick It paper between two pieces of white cardstock.  I then placed the die on top of the top piece and using my metal shim, I ran it through my Big Shot so that it only made an impression onto the cardstock, not cutting it through.  Then, I ran the die through again with another piece of white cardstock, adhered to another piece of Stick it, smooshed Versamark onto it and then embossed it in silver embossing powder.  With the "Impressed" piece, I colored it in with Zigs.  Next I pressed Versamark all over the colored piece and embossed with clear WOW embossing powder.  Then, I peeled off the backing and pressed the silver embossed die on top of the colored piece.  After that, I decided to add Nuvo Crystal Glaze on top for extra punch.  While I let that dry overnight, I made the cardbase with Midnight cardstock and die cut the sentiment from the same and adhered to the edge.

For Following Challenges:



Hugs & Blessings~
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

1 comment:

Shauna said...

So lovely! What a cool bold design and I like how you incorporated the color. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna