Featured Slider

Monday, March 29, 2021

Hello Gorgeous!

 Happy Monday!

Happy Passover and Happy Holy Week to those who celebrate either!



I have a gem of a card to share this morning:


I was inspired by the gorgeous colors of the butterfly in the photo prompt at The Card Concept challenge this week to create a clean and layered card with multi media elements.

I cut out the die once leaving all the pieces in using stick it paper. I colored that layer with Copics.  Then i cut it three more times, twice in black and once in white and layered them using E6000 adhesive spray onto the colored panel.  I added Nuvo shimmer pen to the colored portions for lots of shimmer.  The background is a watercolored panel I had in my stash.  Everytime I ink blend I use up the remains on my work space and create a watercolor panel for future projects.

Since I colored the intricate die, I cut a butterfly out of vellum and added with the white embossed sentiment finished off the card which was all placed on a black cardbase.

For Following Challenges:

Clean and Layered with Multi-Media

Thanks for stopping by and come back and visit again!

Gorgeous Blessings!



Card Supplies:

Stamps: Sentiment - from Pineapple Accents (Catherine Pooler Designs-CPD)

Paper: Black cardstock (Catherine Pooler); Watercolor paper (Strathmore); White cardstock (Neenah Solar).

Ink: Copics; Embossing ink(WOW); Dye ink on background(Catherine Pooler); Shimmer pen (Tonic Nuvo).

Extras: Garden gate die (Catherine Pooler); Butterfly die (Memory Box); White embossing powder (WOW); pink gem.



1 comment:

Kim S said...

I love all of the rich colors in that stunning background - topped with the fresh, white butterfly. Gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.