Featured Slider

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Merry Little Christmas

Half of March is G-O-N-E, GONE!
This year is whooshing by!

Today is REMINDER DAY
at

This month's challenge is Deer 
and
hosted by Susan.

It's also our 1st Birthday Celebration
so come join us!

There are PRIZES!


I wanted to "think outside the box" a little, so thought a reindeer peeking behind an ornament would be different.  So, as the hubs remarked, it's either a really tiny reindeer or a gigantic ornament!  HAHAHAHA!  I used the reindeer stamp in the set "Peeking Friends" by Gerda Steiner.  I don't color as much as I would like and so this gave me some time to practice coloring with Copics.  I need more practice.  I did shimmer his nose with some Nuvo Shimmer.  The ornament is a stamp/die by Hero Arts, one of their monthly kits, November 2017 I believe.  I started out by cutting the ornament on the white Bristol cardstock and then stamping the reindeer above the hole.  Next I took my Versamark pen and outlined around the edge of the ornament cut and embossed in WOW Fine Gold embossing powder.  The inner ornament piece is a watercolored background piece that I stamped the "Christmas" word in Versamark and embossed in the gold as well.  After coloring the reindeer, I stamped the rest of the sentiment in CP Midnight and then adhered the inner ornament piece behind the panel.  I used the white ornament piece that had been cut out and versamarked the hanger end and embossed it in gold embossing powder three times and then added the gold twine and adhered it to the card before placing the panel on some gold mirror cardstock between it and the cardbase.  A very simple card that could be reproduced even by just using the ornament stamp and stamping it instead of the die cut.

Please stop by the CAS Christmas blog and see all the other Design Team's mid-month projects.  Come play along and get some "deer" Christmas cards made for next Christmas!

CAS Christmas "Deer" Blessings!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Nance, what a fun card with your "tiny" reindeer peeking around the ornament. Lol...Your coloring looks great. Hope you have a great week. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Christine Alexander said...

we both had the same idea with the peeking reindeer. He's so adorable Nance and wonderful that he's peeking around the worlds biggest ornament :)

Susan said...

Made me smile to see the tiny reindeer behind the huge ornament! Great card!

Loll said...

Adorable card Nance! Love your sweet reindeer peeking out from behind that big ornament! Great colours, design and shimmer for your ornament to add lots of sparkle to your card. xx

Chrissie said...

What a cute card Nance!
He is such fun!
Thanks so much for having me as GD this month!

Trina P. said...

Fun and sweet, Nance. I almost used this deer for my card, but I couldn’t figure out how. You and Christine were on the same wavelength. xx

Bonnie said...

Love this cute deer who looks like he's pretty proud of himself! The sentiment on the Christmas light was a brilliant idea!