Featured Slider

Friday, March 8, 2019

Hello...You Did It!...Thanks


Happy Friday!

The weekend is here!  Hope yours will be a fabulous one!  I've been crafty busy, just haven't had a lot of time to share the results.  Some will come at later dates since they are DT cards.  Today however, I wanted to share some stenciled cards I made while participating in the Stenciling class over at Stamp Nation.  

Ingrid Blackburn was our instructor and she had some great techniques to share with us.  These cards I made from Lesson #1, Stencil Blending.  Basically you take some dark colored cardstock with a stencil and apply white pigment ink and let it completely dry.  Then, you choose 2-3 other colors, move the stencil over slightly and blend those colors on top.  You get the cool effect of the background on the left above.  I decided to leave most of the backgrounds intact for this time.  I made my own stencil from craft plastic using the CP Stained Glass cover plate. 

I made three cards from my two backgrounds above using all Catherine Pooler Designs products and inks:


The "Hello" card I die cut the center with the CP basic circle die, then replaced it with the brighter design circle cut also and bumped up with craft foam.  The hello die I added a white one behind one of Smoke cardstock as a shadow and then added crystal glaze to the grey one on top.  I shimmered the stars with a Nuvo shimmer pen.
The "Thanks" card, I took my homemade stencil of the Interlocked Die by CP Designs and brushed on Orange Twist and Flirty Fushia on Mirror cardstock.  Then I adhered the circle cut from my first blended stenciled background with a white scallop edge around it.  The sentiment die I shimmered with Nuvo shimmer pen.

My last one, my favorite one of the trio, I used craft foam to bump up the second stenciled background, with the middle cut out, onto a Smoke colored cardbase after I stamped the sentiment in the center and embossed in white embossing powder.  I then cut the heart border and inked it in Flirty Fuchsia for some depth and interest.   The other sentiment, I cut two "celebrates" one in white the other in Smoke and shadowed the white behind the smoke. I added shimmered hearts and clear sequins.


CARD SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Sentiment - "You Did It" Set by Catherine Pooler.
PAPER: Neenah White Solar 110 lb cardstock; Smoke & Mirror cardstocks by Catherine Pooler. 
INK: Orange Twist, Flirty Fuchsia - Party Collection by Catherine Pooler. White pigment ink - Stampin' Up. Versamark.
EXTRAS: Thanks, Celebrate & Hello Dies - Catherine Pooler; Heart Circle die - Love Connection by Catherine Pooler. White Emboss powder - WOW; Stained Glass Cover plate - Catherine Pooler; Stars and heart dies - 2 You's by Cas-ual Fridays for Catherine Pooler. Purple and orange enamel dots; Clear sequins - Pretty Pink Posh; Nuvo Crystal Glaze; Nuvo Shimmer Pen.

Stenciling Blessings!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty design and colors!