Featured Slider

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Krafty Chicks Challenge #447 Polka Dots


Happy Thursday
and 
Happy Spring!

It's time for a new challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge and I am your hostess this week!  
So this week's Twist is Polka Dots!  



I decided to make a birthday card because polka dots and birthdays or celebrations seem to go hand in hand.  I used the turtles and sentiment from Jane's Doodles Belated Birthday.  The party decor and cupcake are from the Birthday Icons Stamp set by Catherine Pooler.  I stamped the images with CP Midnight archival ink onto CP white cardstock and then colored them with Catherine Pooler inks and a blending pen.  My goal was to make the turtles polka dotted so that's why they are different colored spots.  I then shimmered them A LOT with a Nuvo shimmer pen.  I also shimmered the icing on the cupcake and some of the banner and the balloons. For some added interest I bumped up the balloons and the party hats.  Oh, the red hat is from the Jane's Doodles set and the other from the Catherine Pooler set.  I shimmered their tops too.  Ok, so I went a little crazy with the shimmer on this!  hahaha But, hey, a birthday should be full of lots of shimmer and sparkle!  I created my own polka dot background using a small dot stamp from the CP set, Punctuated Party stamped in Midnight black.  Lastly, I stamped and white embossed the sentiment onto Midnight cardstock by Catherine Pooler.

Next stop by the Hen House and see the rest of the Design Team's projects with polka dots.  Play along with us and link up your own polka dot project for our twist!

Krafty Chicks Blessings!


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these colorful polka dots confetti! The turtles look very festive with their colored dots!

Leanne said...

BAM! this is an awesome card friend, love those turtles! Background pops, way to go. Hugs, L

Tangii said...

Oh my heck!!!! This is just the cutest birthday card EVER! LOVE those turtles and the colors and just every little thing!!!! Woo hoo! FAB-tastic!