Featured Slider

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Winter Wonderland



I was rummaging through some unfinished cards and found these Christmas tree card bases and realized they were perfect for our CAS Christmas challenge this month.  

I also had been rummaging through my supply of homemade backgrounds and found this lovely blue one I made using the plastic wrap technique and alcohol inks.  I thought it made a lovely winter sky background for these trees.  I finished it off with the sentiment stamped in Versarmark and silver emboss powder. 

The tree die belongs to Bonnie Klass. I think it's by Memory Box?  We get together every now and again and use each other's stuff.   Isn't that what local crafty friends are for?  LOL 

Anyway, thought I'd share another tree card.  There's still three days left to join us!



Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Sentiment - Winter Woodland(Catherine Pooler).
PAPER: White Cardstock (Neenah 110 lb); Yupo paper.
INK: Alcohol inks on background.  Versamark.
EXTRAS: Framed die cut (Memory Box); Silver emboss powder.

CAS Christmas Tree Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

8 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Nance, I love the shadows from your cling wrap background, so perfect behind the trees.
It is great to have crafty get together and play with friends dies etc. The problem is I love the stuff so much have to buy, but at least tried before I buy :)

Trina P. said...

Perfect background piece for your sky, Nance! Great texture from the cling wrap. Love that blue colour! x
If that tree die is Memory Box, you should enter this in their Christmas challenge this month. 😉

Susan said...

Beautiful piece of cling wrap background - love the texture and interest it gives to your Christmas tree die.

Loll said...

Your cling wrap AI background is so beautiful Nance. It makes the perfect icy winter sky. Love it with the sweet trees die-cut. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the crisp white tree line with a beautiful cling wrap sky behind, Nance! The cling wrap effect looks just like cold winter sky. The colors are so pretty too. I'm jealous that you have great crafty friends like Bonnie nearby! Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

Your background is perfect for these trees. We need to get together for another crafty day!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful background, Nance! I never thought to use this technique with alcohol inks, so I'll be trying it soon! I also love your stitched border for these lovely trees...a really pretty Christmas card! Thank you again for having me as GD for the August challenge...I've really enjoyed myself!

Linda said...

Beautiful background for your lovely tree die. So pretty, Nance.