Featured Slider

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop - August 2018



Happy Weekend!

It's August 25th, can you believe just six days left of the month!  We're edging ever closer to December and you know what that means ----

CHRISTMAS!

Do you have any Christmas cards, tags or projects made yet?

Well, whether you do or not, today is the 
Keeping Christmas Inspirational Blog Hop!

Kelly Lunceford heads up this wonderful blog hop on the 25th of each month to provide lots and lots of creative, inspirational mojo in getting an early start on Christmas cards or projects.

I'm so blessed every month to be a part of this fabulous team each month and am always blown away by my teamies' creations.  I'm always "oooing and awwing" over everything!  

I'm a little late posting.  I got carried away this month with my project and then I got a new phone and decided to take the photos with it.   So better get a cup of something and sit back, this will take a few! 

I've been wanting to use the Christmas Words Tree die by Lil' Inker Designs since I got it last fall and just finally did it.  I think I may have worn it out ---- I made 8 cards!  LOL

I created the background with Brusho powders and then spraying them with water.  I actually had tried to create a stencil with the die and laid it on top before sprinkling the Brushos, but I think I need to double or triple up on the plastic next time.  I didn't get the look I wanted, the water ran under it was too flimsy. The word die is cut in black cardstock and white glitter cardstock and I shadowed the black on top of the white.  The black backing is cut with the postal die from Catherine Pooler.  Clear sequins finish this one out. 

This card started with the mint green die cut which I had in a box just waiting to be used with about six other colors of the same die.  LOL It matched perfectly with the grunge background here shown cut in an oval.  The grunge background is a stamp by Catherine Pooler and stamped in Mint To Be dye ink by Catherine Pooler.  I placed the grunge oval on top of a lacy rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs cut in white.  The word die is cut from black and silver foil and I drop shadowed the silver behind the black.  
This one is my favorite.  Both the background and the word die are from backgrounds I created with Brushos again.  The background die is from My Favorite TijI bumped the word die up with green behind it and then added Clear Nuvo drops to it before adhering a gold star to the top. 

The background on this next card was pretty much a goof up.  I had been trying a technique a while back shown by Jennifer McGuire with sponging, embossing and coloring. My embossing messed up and I was not happy with it so I threw it in my scrap box.  I was able to hide the worst goof with the oval panel and I used a silver word die for this one.

See, I told you I had more chevron dies!  I placed a watercolored background done in Brushos behind it.  The word die this time is cut from white glitter cardstock with a black triangle behind it.  I finished the card with black enamel dots (I'm trying to use up my large stash of those as well).


This next one is one of my favorites too.  I cut the word die from watercolored background using distress inks and adhered it to a foam background on top of a white glittered triangle which I put on top of a popped up black scalloped oval. The background panel is an oval burst die from Avery Elle.

I started this one with a monoprint stenciled background of a tree stencil from Stamplorations. I cut a green triangle with a white one inside and popped up a pink grunge stamped word die.

I'm not sure I like this one.  It looks better in person.







My last one I used an alcohol inked background to cut my word die and just placed it on a stitched rectangle dry embossed with a triangle patterned emboss folder by Sizzix adhered to a teal card base and finished with some sequined snowflakes.



Now hop through the Design Team List below and get inspired by all kinds of awesome Christmas projects!  Hopefully it will make you want to get started on your Christmas cards/projects if you haven't already.





Keeping Christmas Blessings!

 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

14 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wow, lady...these are all AMAZING! I love all of the different variations! Gorgeous, gorgeous!❤❤❤

JoAnn said...

Love them all. It is a nice die, I don't blame you for using it so much. Thanks for sharing.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word! These are beyond fabulous! ❤❤❤

Kim Heggins said...

WOW! Not sure what else to say...these are so amazingly incredible. Just love how you used the same die and changed it up in so many wonderful ways.

Sarah said...

I went a little overboard with that die, too. I just needed to make one or two samples for the release, but I ended up with a dozen! It was a little hard to use as a stencil with really wet mediums, because they wanted to run under the stencil or into the dry areas as soon as I lifted it. You could try a temporary adhesive to hold it down, or run a fine masking pen around the edges.

Lori Turner said...

WOW friend! These cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! I cannot pick a favorite - love 'em all xoxoxo

Susan said...

What an absolutely fabulous batch of cards all using the same die but all so different! Great using up of a bunch of your backgrounds! Love all of your colour variations - I'd be hard pressed to choose a favourite (though I love anything blue so might have to pick the blue and black one!).

Christine Alexander said...

Nance, what an amazing selection of cards from just one die. I must admit my favorite is the multi coloured die cut :)

Loll said...

WOW!! I'm just blown away with all the beautiful cards you've made with this amazing word die. You are so talented Nance!! Love all the different colours and combinations. And off-setting or shadowing some of the word trees is such a wonderful element that makes a big impact. I really like all the versions and don't have a favourite ... they are all beautiful. But I want to say that I really do like the stencil monoprint one that you weren't sure of ... very artsy! xx

Bonnie said...

What a great die and you really got a lot of mileage out of it! Isn't it great when you can create so much from one expenditure? And each card is unique! Wow!

Broni said...

Amazing!! I love them all but my favorite is the same as yours! Beautiful, Nance!!

Mac Mable said...

Great use of that fabulous word die. Love how you've done the brusho's in particular, so very pretty, artsy and unique. Amazing inspiration ...thank you x

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an array of wonderful Christmas cards, Nance! You used the Christmas Words Tree die for all of them, and yet they are all completely different and each card is just gorgeous! I was going to pick my favorite, but I can't!! Hideko xx

Patti H. said...

What a wonderful array of beauty! Love them all!