Featured Slider

Thursday, August 16, 2018

4 Craft Chicks #416 - Sunflower Twist

Good Morning, again!

It's a busy Thursday.

There is a new challenge today 
at
4 Crafty Chicks!

Amy is our hostess this week
and
she is looking for Sunflowers!


I love sunflowers!  I got so many ideas for this challenge, I couldn't decide.  I also recently went to a "paint or art out" with my son and daughter in law and the painting was sunflowers. 

I was originally going to use my painting for my inspiration, but I found a stenciled sunflower in my stash and decided to use it.
I added the sentiment to the center of the flower with a zig zag circle die, and then a smaller circle die with the sentiment embossed on it.  I added some Distress Resist Spray to add some texture and then for a finishing touch I added three water droplets.

Now, go check out the rest of the Chicks' sunflowers over at the Hen House.  Then get crafty yourself and play along with us, either in our always Anything Goes challenge or share some sunflowers for this week's twist of Sunflowers.

Crafty Chick Blessings!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Love the way you put the sentiment in the centre of the sunflower! Beautiful colours and a great layout!

Leanne said...

Wicked, I love that painting and glad you shared it on here too, and the card is so pretty, love the coloring and the die for the background, great card friend! I need to find more stencils. So wonderful!

Tangii said...

I love the painting, but that card!!!! Wowza!!! So beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Your sunflower is so bright and pretty, Nance! I love the sentiment in the center! What a perfect fit! You'll have to show me what to do with the resist spray for texture!

Lori Turner said...

For starters, that painting is absolutely gorgeous - WTG! It sounds like you had a lot of fun...beautiful sunflower card - that stencil is awesome...great for the challenge this week xoxox

Loll said...

WOW! Your are an artist Nance. Your painting is gorgeous!! How fun that you went with your son and daughter-in-law to the class. :)

Gorgeous sunflower card ... you know we all love the sunflower stencil. I like how you've used it so differently each time. xx