Featured Slider

Thursday, August 23, 2018

4 Crafty Chicks #417 - Back to School Twist



Happy Thursday!

4 Crafty Chicks has a new challenge starting today!

Lori is our hostess 
and she's chosen 
Back to School 
as our Twist this week.


This was challenging for me as I don't have a lot of school stamps or supplies.  I managed to find a few things to use on a wreath stamp by Catherine Pooler Designs.  
My son and daughter-in-law both started back to school Monday.  My son started his second year as an adjunct professor and his wife is in her last year of her Master's as well as starting her first semester teaching her own class as a Teacher Assistant.  I'm so very proud of both of them!  So this card is going to them perhaps with a little goodie enclosed to help them relax a little after hours.

Make sure to visit the Hen House and see the rest of the Chicks' school projects and leave them some blog loving.  Join us this week and show us your "back to school" projects or you can also play in our always "Anything Goes" challenge, your choice.

For Following Challenges:

I was inspired by the colors.

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Apple stamp (Very old in my stash); Wreath and Bow -Wonderful Wreath Set (Catherine Pooler); Angled Squares Background Stamp (Catherine Pooler); Sentiment - Young at Heart (Catherine Pooler); Scissors - Planner Series Shapes (Paper Sweeties); 
PAPER: White cardstock (Neenah Solar Crest 110 lb).
INK: Rockin' Red, Melon Ice, Limoncello, Something Borrowed, Grass Skirt Dye Inks (Catherine Pooler Inks); Black Onyx (Versafine).
EXTRAS: Wreath and Bow dies- Wonderful Wreath Die Set (Catherine Pooler); Pencil sticker.

Crafty Chick Blessings!


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like the kids are all set for another year! Congratulations to them both. I know you are proud of both of them. Love the wreath!

Leanne said...

Great card and I love the little stamps-scissors, pencils, and apples, great background too. Cheers, awesome card friend and they will love it, and maybe the treat too! ;)

Tangii said...

Wowzers, way to "pull stuff together"!! It looks like they all belong right where they are! Fantastic design friend!!! Have a great week!

Lori Turner said...

I agree with Tangii!! Doesn't look like you struggled with my challenge one little bit my friend - AWESOME card! Glad your kids are settled and ready - Kim starts back in a couple weeks! Have a wonderful weekend xoxoxo

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty I had to stop by to comment! I just retired from 20 years I of teaching, and your wreath reminded me of a Christmas wreath a parent made for me back in 2000! It had scissors, an eraser, a box of crayons, etc. glued onto it. I hung that on my door every year! Sadly, I parted with it when I left in June. But your card is so pretty!

Michelle Lupton said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays challenge :)

Quillish said...

Oh I love this! The wreath and the elements are so cute together. I can see how you have drawn inspiration from the photo. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Hugs~ Ishani

Amy Brown said...

Stunning card! I love it!
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lori Kobular said...

Love this card! The wreath is perfect with the scissors, pencils and apples! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!