Featured Slider

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Thankful for Just Us Girls


Good Morning!

Today I am thrilled to say I am the Guest Designer at Just Us Girls for the whole month of September! Woohoo! This week's challenge is their color challenge and I have to say, it put me a little more into the fall mood. We also got some nice cooler weather the last couple days, but I'm not holding my breath that the Carolina swelter is gone just yet. September is peak hurricane season so don't think we're done with humidity yet.






I pulled out a floral stamp/stencil/die combo from Altenew because I knew it had to be a floral card and I knew the background was going to be blue. I stamped the flowers in Versamark and embossed them with gold embossing powder. Then, used the coordinating stencils to color them with dye inks and blending tool. I used the coordinating die to die cut it and two white dies to layer it up and glued them all together. I cut some blue cardstock and stamped it in Versamark and the Arched Background stamp by Simon Says Stamp and embossed it in the gold embossing powder. I trimmed that panel down and adhered it to some gold cardstock for some gold trim.  I adhered it to a white card base then attached the flower panel and cut off excess.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and embossed it gold, cut it out and two others in white for layers with the coordinating sentiment die.  I glued it on top and added a couple of gold gems to the flower centers.

So now it's your turn! Stop by the JUGS blog and check out all the team's creative inspiration and come play along! 

For Following Challenges:

JUGS-Color Challenge - see above




Card Supplies: 

Stamps: Blooming Delight(Altenew); Sentiment -Joyful Thanks (Catherine Pooler Designs); Arched Background (Simon Says Stamp).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White; Blue cardstock (Recollections); Gold cardstock (Lawn Fawn).
Ink: Versamark; Goldenrod, Ginger, Spiced, Terracotta, Suede Shoes (CP Ink); 
Extras: Coordinating dies for Blooming Delight(Altenew); Sentiment Die (CP Designs); Fine Gold embossing powder (WOW); gold gems from stash.


Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a creative day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance 

 



10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, Nance! This card makes me think of opening a chest full of beautiful jewels! Such rich colors made extra elegant with the gold!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WELCOME! Your first guesting card is amazing. Great use of the colors!

cm said...

Wonderful to have you as our September Guest Designer - and talk about an impressive debut! Your rich blues, rusts and gold make for a stunning floral card. Love this!
~carol

ElizStewart said...

Gorgeous Nance! Thrilled that you are our guest designer this month and hope you have lots of fun!

Carol said...

This is a fabulous debut to your guest spot with us Nance! The colors and textures are amazing! Welcome and thank you for this beauty!!

ciloma said...

Beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on your GD stint at JUGS, Nance! You have really embraced this color combination beautifully! I LOVE that set!
=]

Sue VanDeVusse said...

You are definitely starting off with a big bang with this amazing card! Love how you used the colors and all of that gold embossing. Welcome to JUGS!

Bobby said...

Way to make a first impression, Nance! The colors on your flowers are gorgeous and what a wonderful gold embossed background. So happy to have you with us this month.

Lisa Elton said...

Welcome, Nance!! WOWEE to your debut card, it's regal and fabulous!!