Featured Slider

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Birthday Sunflowers

Hello!

I have another evening post.  Spent the afternoon in my craft room.  It pretty much took me all that time for this card as you will see why...



I wanted to play in the Double D Challenge, which was an inspiration photo of sunflowers. I have several different stamps/dies/stencils of sunflowers and what did I do?  I chose a very old flower die from Papertrey Ink and spent the time cutting out multiples of each flower and ink blending the top layers.  Had I been of sounder mind (I was also listening to a horror audiobook, so I was distracted, hahaha), I would have cut one layer from an adhesive sheet.  Oh well. Still, I had a lot of fun putting the flowers together while listening to my book.  I already had the blended background, which made things easier. Finally, I added the inked and die cut sentiment and used a white gel pen to make the seeds in the middle of my sunflowers.

For Following Challenges:






Weekly I.D.E.A.S. is from Darnell.  It is not exactly a challenge, just an inspirational jumping off point for each week. 

Card Supplies: 

Stamps: Sentiment - Perfect Sentiments (Pinkfresh Studio).
Paper: Neenah 110# Solar White.
Ink: Samba, Catching Rays, Tiki Torch, Orange Twist, In The Park, Mardis Gras, Icing on the Cake (CP Ink). 
Extras: Flower dies (Papertrey Ink - probably retired); Sentiment coordinating die (Pinkfresh Studio); white gel pen.


I'm thrilled you visited my blog. Have a creative day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance 













 



1 comment:

Vicki said...

Bright and happy card! The multitude of sunflowers are so pretty. Love the hombre background and sentiment die. I have that same PTI die cut. It is an older one for sure. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Sunflower" Challenge.