Featured Slider

Friday, September 13, 2024

Merry Days with Friends

 Good Morning
and
Happy Friday!

I have a special little post this morning.  A couple weeks ago, Bonnie and I got to meet another mutual crafty friend, Michele Ferguson (I Card Everyone) when she and her hubby drove down from Michigan to Cary!

Bonnie was a doll to let me crash their crafty day and spend a couple hours having lunch, visiting and crafting with them. Michele generously shared some of her new stamps/dies with us (so did Bonnie).  So, today, we are sharing our cards made with one of Michele's purchases, Merry Days, by Penny Black.

Michele, Bonnie & I

I have to admit I'm a little nervous sharing alongside them as they both are so creative and talented.  At any rate, here is mine...



I was out of town for several days earlier this week, so I kept mine pretty CAS as I had to wait until I got home to color my image.   I used Copic colors to match my background stripes. I rooted around in my stash of foiled Christmas sentiments to find the perfect one to add a little pizzazz to that adorable bear couple.  I also shimmered up the star and the fur on the bears' hats for some holiday bling. The lovely frame was either Bonnie's or Michele's and I loved it so much I came home and ordered it!  


Now go stop by Michele and Bonnie's blogs to see what they created with those merry little bears!  

For Following Challenges:









NBUS #66

(Everything but my sentiment is NBUS and also new).



I'm thrilled you visited my blog. Have a creative day! 
 Come back soon! 💖

Nance 





10 comments:

Bonnie said...

That frame is Michele's but I ordered it too as well as the other one she brought. Your bears are adorable and you coloring is amazing! I love how you picked up the colors of the stripes that give this such a playful feel! Hope to see you again soon.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the colors you used on this sweet image, Nance - perfect with the stripes behind! How fun to craft with friends!!

Bobby said...

I ordered that frame too but long before I saw any of you use it. It looks fantastic with the striped background and your adorable bears, Nance. So glad you had a fun crafty day with Bonnie and Michele.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwww...this totally makes me smile Nance!! You've colored up this duo so beautifully and I love the striped background and the matching colors on the scarves and hats! Sweet, sweet card!! :0)

I Card Everyone said...

Nance, you've colored this darling duo in such a special way - they deserved that shimmery fur on their caps! and GRAY bears?? Why didn't I THINK OF THAT?? I love it!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You've used the sweetest colors for this adorable card! What a darling pair of bears they are. That Michele is a sweetheart, isn't she... Tom too!

Julia Aston said...

All three of you were so creative and so different in your coloring of this sweet image, Nance! Wonderful shading on your bears and their scarves and hats - and the striped background in the colors is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Markers! Julia xx

donna mikasa said...

I've never thought of coloring bears gray--it's a nice change and framed so nicely, too!

Leslie Miller said...

How absolutely adorable and fun this is! Your bears are colored to perfection and looking festive as they head off to send cheer with the colorful background and a bit of sparkle. What a treat to see this happy card!

Wendy Jackson said...

Such an adorable Christmas card Nance and lovely colouring of this ver cute image… I love the non traditional colour palette

Thanks so much for joining us on the Krafty Chicks blog challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (GDT)