Featured Slider

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Rainbow Hugs & Kisses

Happy Saturday!  

It's sunny in Cary, NC today!  Things have finally settled down from our craziness.  Rory is doing better but not quite out of the woods.  Who'd have thought I'd get so elated over having a cat pee? LOL  Until Rory gets back to normal, eating/drinking/peeing-wise, everyday is a challenge to make sure he pees so he doesn't have to return to the vet for more treatment.  He's been diagnosed with FLUTD( Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease) - causes bladder/urinary obstructions.  Evidently it is common in male cats and begins around 2-3 years of age (Rory is 2-1/2). Lucky him, lucky us. We are hoping the meds he is on and change of diet and keeping his stress level down will help him avoid reoccurrence, which can happen.

So, we completely forgot about Valentine's Day yesterday.  I had hoped to have many cards made and mailed out but we just had too much happening for that to happen.  I didn't even get to share even one card so I'm sharing now.
I made this for the CAS Mixup Challenge in mind.  The challenge this month is use a die cut as a stencil.  I used the negative of a heart die actually as my stencil to create my line of rainbow hearts.  I used Catherine Pooler inks and a Picket Fence blending brush and blended my hearts one at a time beginning with the purple.  I thought I got them straight but they went a little south. So, I stamped the sentiment (Avery Elle - Favorite Person) under the left side to try and even it out.  I added some XO stamp images for some extra interest.  

If you haven't played in the CAS Mixup challenge, go try it out!

For Following Challenges:






Heartfelt Blessings!


5 comments:

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a sweet card, Nance! I love the stenciled rainbow-colored hearts! The sentiment and XO's balance well, and your photo styling is wonderful! I'm so happy to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thank you!
Hideko xx

Stampin with Liz Design said...

This is such a sweet card! Love your colours! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Jo said...

Such cool rainbow ink blending. Love the beautiful transition from one colour to it's neighbouring heart. A delightful card filled with love. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty rainbow of hearts, Nance! The stamping adds a perfect balance! I'm glad Rory is going to be okay with special care. Keeping him calm and quiet will be a real challenge! Glad you shared this with us at CAS Mix Up!

DIY Bongs said...

Thank you forr sharing