Featured Slider

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Krafty Chicks Challenge #494 - Christmas

Good Morning!

It's Thursday and so it's time for a new challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge!  I'm hosting this week and this is our Christmas Challenge week!



It's been a crazy month at the Salkeld's so far and my creative mojo has gone south.  We had been having windows installed in the entire house and it took longer than planned due to rainstorms off and on.  Then, those rainstorms left some water in our basement underneath a new floor.  So we had to empty the room and pull up the floor to dry it out underneath before putting it back together (this weekend).  FUN!  If that was not enough, our cat, Rory, became horribly ill and had to be rushed to the emergency vet and wound up spending two days in the hospital.  He just got home yesterday.  So it's been a very stressful, exhausting, busy ten days.  
That is why I have not had much creative flow.  So, for this week's challenge I pulled together some dies for something quick. 
I started my card by cutting out a poinsettia from background paper I created using the babywipe technique and distress oxide inks.  I also cut a background from a snowflake cover plate by Lil' Inker Designs out of Neenah white cardstock which was adhered to a cardbase.  The sentiment I had left over in my stash.  I love the poinsettia, but I'm not sure I like it on the final card.  I may have to just let it eventually grow on me.

Be sure and stop by the Krafty Chicks blog and see the rest of the team's Christmas cards as well as our Guest Designer, Shanna's.  Then, if you're done making Valentines, join us and make a Christmas card for your stash. 

Krafty Chick Blessings!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that background and the pretty colors on your poinsettia! Sounds like a crazy time at your house! I hope Rory is better now and back to his mischievous self!

Leanne said...

Yikes friend, glad Rory is home now. Let's pray all is good with the rest of the craziness! Love the card, very nice background great card!! Hugs, and you need one....

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, friend. I sure hope that Rory is on the mend and life gets back to normal around your house...sending BIG HUGS!!!

Unknown said...

This way my partner Wesley Virgin's adventure starts in this shocking and controversial video.

As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he found hidden, "mind control" tactics that the government and others used to get everything they want.

As it turns out, these are the EXACT same methods many celebrities (especially those who "became famous out of nothing") and top business people used to become rich and successful.

You probably know that you use less than 10% of your brain.

That's really because most of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

Perhaps that thought has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head about 7 years back, while riding an unlicensed, beat-up garbage bucket of a car without a license and on his debit card.

"I'm very frustrated with living payroll to payroll! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

You took part in those questions, isn't it so?

Your success story is going to start. You need to start believing in YOURSELF.

WATCH WESLEY SPEAK NOW