Featured Slider

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas - February 2020

Good Morning!
It's Tuesday, February 25th!  
That means it's time for a new Keeping Christmas Blog Hop!
We are a Team of cardmakers who love making Christmas cards and do so throughout the year.  Our creator, Kelly Lunceford, created this blog hop for inspiration for Christmas cards.  

This is an inspirational Christmas blog hop full of Christmas cards, tags, bags, other Christmas paper projects to inspire you throughout the year to help you get in the  mood to create Christmas cards all year round so by the time Christmas comes, you have quite a stash already made and ready to sign and mail. 


This has been a really crazy month at our house (actually seems like that has become the norm lately).  We had new windows installed in the entire house, had to take up a new floor and re-install it after we had some water in our basement.  And then one of our cats became very ill, spent the better part of two weeks in and out of the hospital and sadly, he passed away this past weekend.  He was a special little guy to us and we are still heartbroken.

So, time in my craft room has been limited and my creative flow a no go, particularly now.  What I had begun for this month's hop I had to put on hold to finish for next time and keep it very, very simple.  I must say I do love the final product and it sparked a little mojo as well as comfort.

Using a couple of die cuts with a clean lined classic layout and stamped sentiment is an easy way to make some really nice, mass producible cards. The top layer I cut a simple circle in the middle. Using Versamark ink and my Misti, I stamped the sentiment under the circle cut and embossed it in WOW fine gold embossing powder.  I glued the sun ray die behind it and then glued the nativity on the top.  Next I trimmed some gold foil cardstock slightly smaller than A2 size and glued it to an A2 size white cardbase.  Finally I glued the front panel to the gold one.  The sun ray die is by PTI.  The nativity I believe is Memory Box and the sentiment is also PTI.  I used two different gold foil cardstock.

Now hop through the list below and check out all the gorgeousness from the rest of team:




Hope you enjoy our hop this month.  Be sure and come back next month on the 25th for new inspiration!


Keeping Christmas Blessings!


7 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

I love white and gold as you may already know and it makes for a beautiful card! It's timeless and classic!

Kelly Lunceford said...

So beautiful, Nance! Perfect in every way!

Nancy G said...

Love, love this SO classic and true!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Nance! I’m a blog reader of Kelly’s and decided to join her Keeping Christmas hop. First, I want to say how sorry I am over the loss of your beloved kitty. We just lost our’s about a week ago, and I know your pain. It hit my husband and I pretty hard as our Sasha was very much a big part of the family. We went thru the same thing as you, with Sasha getting sick. My heart is with you Nance. But I also wanted to add, your card is gorgeous! I hope time helps you and I look forward to next month’s hop. God bless. 😊

Claire Broadwater said...

Nance, this is gorgeous! I love the gold and the sentiment. Perfect way to showcase the nativity! These dies are fabulous! I agree! Great way to mass produce a lot of cards! XXX

Marybeth said...

Nance , I am so very sorry for the passing of your sweet family friend. Hope next month with be easier for you all. Flooring is a big job, ( we just redid the whole house ourselves over the last year)
Your nativity Christmas card is just stunning! My true kind of Christmas card!

JoAnn said...

Love your card with the true meaning of Christmas. The gold and white are so pretty. TFS