Featured Slider

Thursday, October 17, 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Winter Scene II

Hello Again!

It's time for another challenge post!  
It's halfway through October (holy cow)! 
So it's the mid-month reminder for the 
CAS Christmas Card Challenge.


I feel like I need to explain my card a little.  I wanted something a little different.  I was going for an All American theme --- from the mountains to cities to country (the stitched snow drift). 

 I've been trying to use up my stash of homemade backgrounds.  This one is one made with the shaving cream technique and some pastel ink colors along with some gold shimmer by Heidi Swapp.  The photo doesn't show the gold shimmer in the background as well as it does IRL.  

Please check out the rest of the Team's projects along with our Guest Designer,  Lyn.  There's still plenty of time to play along with us too.  You have until October 24th.

CAS Christmas Blessings!





7 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's a beautiful sky and I bet it even better IRL, Nance! Great idea to encompass our whole country in a Christmas card!

Christine Alexander said...

Love that skyline Nance, such a great way to celebrate your country with the perfect winter scene :)

Trina P. said...

The shaving cream panel makes a cool frosty sky. Fun interpretation of the challenge.

Susan said...

Wonderful unique winter scene! Love the texture all your layers give, but at the same time it remains a CAS card. Beautiful pale wintry sky too!

Loll said...

I LOVE the soft colours and marbled design of your sky Nance. So beautiful behind the layers of die-cuts. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

The first thing I thought was "from sea to shining sea", Nance. Just love this, especially the sky behind and the golden frame - very cool card!!

Linda said...

Nance, this is so beautiful and elegant with the gold and white. Have a great week.