Featured Slider

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas - April 2019



Good Morning!

It's the 25th of April.  
It's time for the Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop.

On the 25th of each month throughout the year we have a blog hop of Christmas cards to help inspire you to build upon your  Christmas cards stash through the year.


This January, the Hubs and I went to Sedona, Arizona where we have a timeshare for some much needed R&R (need to go back for more already).  It was our second trip there and we went to Tucson also to visit friends.  Our consensus is that we've fallen inlove with the southwest. No moving plans as of yet, but it's at the top of the bucket list now.  LOL So much, that I have been looking for more southwest stamps, finally got some and so I thought I'd do some non-traditional Christmas cards this month, southwest style. 
I saw this llama die by Impression Obsession recently and just had to have it.  I also got the background stamps, called Aztec by Joy Clair.  As you see, I went a little excessive with him, creating five different cards.  

I cut out all the llamas first in three different neutral colored cardstock.  I layered three llamas for each card for a little dimension.  Once I chose a color palette, I took ink to paper to create some coordinating pieces for the scarves, ears and speech bubbles using Catherine Pooler Inks. I also went ahead and inked up some cardbases too.

Next, I did the backgrounds all the same, just changed up the colors a little on each one, but still kept a southwestern color scheme.  It took a little time to stamp all the backgrounds, but if yo plan out the pattern and the color palettes ahead of time, you can roll right through them pretty quickly.  I started at the bottom of the background, using my Misti and just rotated out each card for each stamp. 






I hope you enjoyed my southwestern holiday bundle. Now, hop through the list below and see what my fellow KC Blog Hop teammates have created.  They always blow me away with their beautiful creations!








Nance Salkeld (You are HERE)





Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Aztec Background Set (Joy Clair); Warm Wishes & Tis Season Sentiments (Catherine Pooler); Falalala Llama (Pretty Cute Stamps); Fleece Navidad (Flora & Fauna).
PAPER: White cardstock - Neenah 100 lb Solar white; Sand Dunes, Chocolate & Mirror (Catherine Pooler).
INK: Midnight, Twilight, Icing on the Cake, Over Coffee, All That Jazz, Mardi Gras, Tiki Torch, Bellini, Samba Dye Inks (Catherine Pooler).
EXTRAS: Llama die (Impression Obsession); Speech Bubble die (So old I don't remember).

Keeping Christmas Blessings!

4 comments:

Nancy G said...

Your cards made me smile, they are SO fun!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, these are so fun! Fabulous cards!

Kim Heggins said...

These are all wonderful...love your collection of sweet llama's!

Bonnie said...

What a fun set of cards, Nance! Love those llamas with their colorful scarves! Five cards! I'm impressed!