Featured Slider

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Life - Grand Adventure

Happy Saturday!
I'm sharing a special post today.  Today is our youngest son's 25th Birthday and so I am sharing the card I made for him.    He has fallen in love with all things nature and outdoors -- camping, hiking, the beach.  So much that last summer he moved clear across the country from North Carolina to California.  Since then he has worked hard and played hard, just like you should, soaking up as much everyday and every week that he possibly can.  I've grown to expect my phone to be flooded with beautiful and fun photos from him of his weekend adventures and exploration.  So I had to make him a "camping in the desert" card, it was only fitting.  




 
🎉Happy 25th Birthday, Ben! 🎈
I created my background by masking off sections and ink blending.  I did the ground first, using a smallish blending brush to lightly dust the area and then create some wisps of darker "sand".  For the sky, I masked off the sand area and using blending brushes, blended Tiara, Samba, Rocket Red, Grape Crush and Suede Shoes inks by Catherine Pooler.  Next I stamped the mountains using the Layered Landscape stamp set by Neat & Tangled, stamping them in CP inks Twilight and Black Jack.  I stamped the tent, fire (Technique Tuesday) and cacti (My Favorite Things)on CP white cardstock and colored them with Copics before fussy cutting them and creating my camping scene.  I finished it off by stamping the sentiment (Technique Tuesday) with Versamark and embossing with Tonic Nuvo silver emboss powder.


Birthday Boy Blessings! 

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Tent, Campfire & Sentiment - Gone Camping (Technique Tuesday); Cacti - Sweet Succulents (My Favorite Things); Mountains - Layered Landscape (Neat&Tangled).
PAPER: White cardbase - Neenah 110 lb Solar white; Catherine Pooler Premium White cardstock.
INK:Sand Castle, Samba, Rocket Red, Tiara, Suede Shoes, Grape Crush, Twilight, Black Jack, Midnight - Catherine Pooler Inks; Versamark; Copics.
EXTRAS: Nuvo silver embossing powder; Blender brushes (Picket Fence);

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday to Ben! You've done the perfect card for him, Nance! I love how the brushes blended and added texture. I think I'm going to have to get those brushes and then some lessons on how to use them!