Featured Slider

Thursday, January 3, 2019

CAS Christmas -Blue & Silver

Hello again!

It's a busy posting day today.

The holidays are over.  The decorations are down.  Leftovers are gone as are guests.  Kids maybe back to school.  
Just 355 Days until next Christmas!

So why not start your next Christmas stash now?

Play along with us at 
CAS Christmas.


Our hostess this month is Christine.

The Challenge 
is
Blue and Silver.



I made a lot of cards over the past year and the Hubs sold about 2/3 of them, which left me in a deficit for my own sending.  So this year, my goal is to double my stash number from last year.  I had about 75 cards in my stash at the beginning of December 2018.  Ok, 150 is a little daunting but we shall see how I do!


For my card, I used a new die from Poppy Stamps.  The background was made using a stars coverplate die cut out of white cardstock and used as a stencil and sponging light blue ink.  The cardbase is a silver cardstock.  

Stop by the CAS Christmas blog and check out all the rest of the Design Team's CAS projects, as well as our Guest Designer, Kaja of Kajcyika crafts.  Then, come play along and get a very early head start on Christmas cards for next year!  Follow the Challenge prompt and make sure it's CAS (clean and simple).

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: None.
PAPER: Solar White Neenah cardstock; Silver foil cardstock; Silver mirror cardstock.
INK: It's a Boy (Catherine Pooler Inks).
EXTRAS: Jerusalem die (Poppy Stamps); Stencil made from Star cover plate by Hero Arts; Noel die (Stampin' Up).

CAS Christmas Blessings!


9 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your design Nance! Great way to use the challenge colours. That blue starry night is so pretty with the die-cut silver Bethlehem. Love the silver card base as well. Very elegant with a little whimsy. Like the new CAS design of your blog too!! Happy New Year! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great design Nance, and perfect for making multiples of. Love your beautiful silver card against the gray
I feel you pain of running out at Christmas, I made well over 100, between selling and donating had none for myself. busy making and mailing just before the dead line.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your stenciled stars are so pretty, Nance! Great way to stretch your coverplate die. I should remember that.
Love that you made the frame wide so that it will draw your eyes right into the Bethlehem scene. Happy New Year!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

So adorable, Nance. Love the mix of silver and silver mirri cardstock. Your little scene pops beautifully all framed up. Happy new year! xx

Linda said...

So pretty, Nance. Love your little Bethlehem die scene and your stenciled stars in the background. Happy New Year.

Colleen said...

The Bethlehem town inside the frame is so very pretty and I love your starry night!

Bonnie said...

This die is fantastic, Nance! I love it cut from silver and the starry sky! The Noel fits perfectly!

Julia Aston said...

Love that Bethlehem scene die Nance! and how lovely it looks with the blue star background and pretty Noel sentiment - 150 cards is a lot! I've gotten down to about 40 now and I always try to get them done over the year so they are all ready for Dec (with some to spare to sell at a sale at my church!) Julia xx

Pat said...

Very pretty with the silver frame and the holy city within Nance, and love the blue stars stencilled on to the background, and the silver coloured card shows it all off beautifully. x